Say you have three or four DC and your Dsis has one or twoDC....

(29 Posts)
LynetteScavo Sat 24-Nov-12 22:02:20

Do you spend four times as much on your DN, than your Dsis spends on your DC?

If not, is it fair that your DSis has to spend out, say £80 on your DC when you are spending £20 her DC?

I have more DC than my siblings, and feel a bit guilty that they have to buy more nephew/nieces presents than I do. If DB buys my DC a £10 gift each, should I therefore buy his DD a £10 gift or £30 gift? confused

But, then as I have more DC and earn less, I have a smaller disposible income....confused

I'm over thinking this, aren't I. hmm

lljkk Sun 25-Nov-12 19:21:11

DH buys one gift for his brother.
His brother buys 6 gifts for us (one each).
It bothers me but DH thinks it's all completely normal.

bondigidum Sun 25-Nov-12 22:13:35

Sorry, this reminded me of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory grin

Way overthinking it. Highly doubt your DB will be interested in how much you spent on his kids versus how much they spent on yours, not really what Christmas is all about.

My mum's elder DB had tons of money but was just a stingy bastard and would get me like a nightgown in size 12-13 when I was 15 because it was knocked down to £2 in a sale, and would get my DB a play doh set that clearly still had the marked down £3 sticker on it, or worst still just a selection box lame. If he was poor then whatever but he was far from poor, just really fucking stingy. Mum just used to laugh it off. His presents were the ones we were allowed to open on Christmas Eve and were the butt of everyones jokes.

So you know, as long as you're not being a tight bastard when you can afford it all is well. Just get what you can afford and don't fret it.

WinklyVersusTheZombies Sun 25-Nov-12 22:18:02

Over thinking. I spend a fair bit on DSis's two, but not necessarily the same amount. Big age gap between them, I just buy what they like and what I can afford. She spends nothing on my children, because I don't have any smile

Southwest Mon 26-Nov-12 00:33:13

My aunt has fewer children than my Mother she uses to give gifts added up exactly so she told my mother she would spend £5 on us and expects my mother to spend £10 on her kids

My mother goes along with it mind you she has given my cousin 5 engagement gifts (1 for each)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now