What's on your child's list for Father Christmas?

(71 Posts)
LadyMaryChristmas Sat 24-Nov-12 16:49:06

Ds is too old and I really loved this part of his childhood. sad Help to cheer me up, what have yours asked for? smile

gemdrop84 Sat 24-Nov-12 17:57:09

nickname grin

Father Christmas also doesn't deliver electronic things as well as the magic in the North Pole messes with them (like electrical things in Hogwarts- this has come from someone else and I am eternally grateful).

gemdrop84 Sat 24-Nov-12 17:59:02

that's a very good theory nickname, I like that and will nick that idea bear it in mind when dd starts asking for ipads/innotabs/ds/etc.....

gymboywalton Sat 24-Nov-12 17:59:45

aFRODIZZY-WHAT KIND OF CAR DOES MUMMY HAVE???

DS2 (8) has not yet said what he wants this year but last year he asked for a towel with his name on and an electric pencil sharpener.

The year before he asked for a baby sister - unfortunately Santa couldn't oblige with that one! hmm

LadyMaryChristmas Sat 24-Nov-12 18:02:04

There are certain things that Father Christmas just can't bring:

Animals
Nuclear arsenal
Anything costing over x amount (varies from family to family)
Any movies the parents don't like
Annoying toys that make a repetitive sounds (although grannies are likely to do this)
Excessive sweets and chocolates unless he also supplies a cleaner.
Anything that was once living (sorry sad)
Anything illegal
Anything that would melt/burn in transit
Anything called 'Barbie'

There are certain things that he shouldn't bring:
Moon sand
Hamma beads
Drum kit

Feel free to add. grin

gymboywalton Sat 24-Nov-12 18:08:22

the rule in our house is that father christmas won't bring anything that he knows your mummy and daddy don't want you to have

LadyMaryChristmas Sat 24-Nov-12 18:08:52

grin

Lego train
a trash pack figure
an angry birds figure
chocolate coins

The lego train was a recent addition as we recently got a puppy so told him he couldn't have anything too expensive. He couldn't come up with a 'main' present and kept asking for things and telling me they were under 5 pounds. Dh found the train set on offer and asked if he'd like it as he has looked at it before. He initially said ' No...it is £108 in toys r us' ! He agreed that he did like it though so we have tols him he can always ask and see what happens. We managed to get it for £25 of clubcard vouuchers and £20 cash.

DD1 has asked for Harry Potter. I'm sure she means Harry Potter dressing up bits ECT, as she is only 8 and bit young for him.

DD2 (5yrs) and DS (3.8yrs) everything.

ISeeThreadPeople Sat 24-Nov-12 18:26:42

5yo dd wants...

snow
a cuddle
sausages wrapped in bacon
walkie talkies
a toy cat for her baby brother, black and fluffy please

sweetkitty Sat 24-Nov-12 18:34:45

DD1 (8) a new bike and a surprise
DD2 (7) a Nintendo 3DS ( as she's very kindly giving her old one to DD3) and Dinosaur Lego
DD3 (4) Minnie Mouse van thing and a moshi treehouse
DS (2) a big big bin lorry

Littlebearlost Sat 24-Nov-12 19:04:03

Ds (3.6) has asked for
Batcave and batmobile (Imaginext)
Gotham jail
Hot wheels
Octonauts gup x
Pillow pet. But he wants the pink hello kitty one.
I don't think I can get it him, can I?! He loves cats which is why he wants the kitty one.

Of course you can Littlebearlost.

Last year the only thing that ds then 6 wanted was Sylvannian families. So that is what he got.

altinkum Sat 24-Nov-12 19:41:13

Ds1. (6) would like skylanders and the hulk custome (and a fair few other toys) but those are his main ones.

Ds2 (3) toys lol

Wankarella Sat 24-Nov-12 19:45:14

ipods
ipads
itunes
ithis
ithat
ihave no idea anymore
i'm worried i cannot download apple something
i am sick of hearing about i'ssssss
another nerf gun
oor wullie book
the dandy book
the broon book
the beano book
wimpy kids book
and

moshie monsters
moshie cards - simon growell scratch and sniff and shiny ones
moshie tins
moshie duvet cover
moshie teddy
monshie pencil
moshie pencil case
moshie book
moshie bedroom
lego head
lego dinasour
lego truck
more lego men with strange names

sorry my caps lock is stuck here....

cazza2878 Sat 24-Nov-12 19:51:49

Dd 4years old:
A double dolls buggy
A doll that wees
playmobil swimming pool

MrsGeologist Sat 24-Nov-12 19:56:15

Spiderman <insert name of any object under the sun here>

Seriously, he should be on the spiderman merchandising team, the amount of spiderman shite he says he wants. Stuff like, 'spiderman cream' and 'spiderman frying pan'

He's getting a spiderman watch and a kiddie zoom. He'll have tO keep wanting a spiderman Dijeridoo or whatever the hell he comes out with next.

duende Sat 24-Nov-12 20:01:00

3 year old DS
- play doh
- small cars

I wish I had asked him before spending significantly more than a tenner...

CocktailQueen Sat 24-Nov-12 22:37:04

9yo dd has asked for sweets, pens, notebooks and a surprise.
5yo DS asked for a football, sweets, haribo, chocolate, camera, playmobil swimming pool, goalie gloves, birds of prey tattoos, snake tattoos... He knows what he wants!

iheartdusty Sun 25-Nov-12 00:22:50

DS8 - probably knows but still pretending;

a 3DS (no)
a lego robot (yes)
and "any other tit-bits you think I would like please, thank you, yours sincerely, DS"
smile

DD11 - 3 pages of requests, colour coded with a number of stars according to how essential each item is hmm

madbengal Sun 25-Nov-12 00:34:52

DD 11 has asked for a guitar, lego, anything Justin Bieber and anything One Direction

2muchxmaspud Sun 25-Nov-12 00:42:37

<<a chainsaw>>

In his defence he sees daddy cutting wood for our fire and thinks daddy is some kind of power tool god.

<<currently have toy chainsaw hidden>>
Just know all other presents will be of no signifigance once he unwraps it. His presents are mainly role play including a tea set and more pretend power tools.

Anythingforabitofpeace Sun 25-Nov-12 08:40:19

DS has asked for quite sensible suggestions compared to some on here! He's 3.8 and would like a Bucky ship from Jake and the Neverland Pirates and a big buzz lightyear with 3 buttons on his chest.

Dd has nothing on her list because she's only one but DS keeps suggesting items for her that are too girly for him.

buzzgirly Sun 25-Nov-12 09:14:09

My 4 year old dd has been asking for a pink horsie for months, it is actually a barbie horse that walks by itself. She informed me last night that she would like a skateboard too.

DS will only be 11 months so I'm sure he will just enjoy trying to eat the wrapping paper, however dd informs me that he is getting a pirate ship from Santa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now