Amazon Black Friday - the weekend thread!

(163 Posts)

I just can't keep away wink

Doubt I will get anything today, but will keep looking, there are a few new bits on today smile

Not much very interesting. Did I miss anything good?

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 24-Nov-12 17:31:05

Not really. I haven't bought anything in the deals section all day.

Piemistress Sat 24-Nov-12 18:05:28

Rocket dog boots arrived and they don't fit either, too small!!!! Grrrrr how can one size three be too big and one too small FFS :-(

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 24-Nov-12 18:10:59

Maybe there should be a Great MN Boot Swap.

Tortoise Sat 24-Nov-12 18:34:27

I haven't found anything so far today. Want the skechers but i bought those Cat boots yesterday. Can't afford to spend too much on myself!

HoneyDragon Sat 24-Nov-12 18:46:23

Got the kahuna watch I missed before for Ds - nothing else appealed today.

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 18:48:58

Got a Fisher Price booster seat for DD. I really need a digital photo frame for the outlaws for Christmas but a suitable one hasn't come up yet.

ShoopShoop Sat 24-Nov-12 20:53:35

Buggery. On the wait list for both the Kipling bag and the boots sad

<stamps feet> they were the only things I wanted today!

ShoopShoop Sat 24-Nov-12 21:03:08

Got the bag!! Come on the boots smile

Rocket Dogg boots are mine! grin I very neatly brought some in a shop yesterday, very glad I didn't.

ShoopShoop Sat 24-Nov-12 21:07:20

Whoop! Got them smile

Sorry for the running commentary blush

ShoopShoop Sat 24-Nov-12 21:08:36

Well done titsalina! I just did a victory dance round the living room.

DH is hmm

grin

Which colour did you go for? I went for black after getting brown sketchers yesterday in town grin although I'm justifying it because all my boots decided to die at once last week and for £25 for RD you can't go wrong.

My books arrived today, I got the nursery rhymes books and what the ladybird heard set. I'm glad I only paid £5odd for them, they are tiny! I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price! They will make lovely gifts for friends kids though smile

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 24-Nov-12 21:27:06

I was surprised how small they were too; I was expecting hefty tomes. I'm rather glad though because DS will no doubt get hold if them and insist we do all the rhymes with actions at least 5 times a night.

Tortoise Sat 24-Nov-12 21:28:38

Well, i've spent nothing on Amazon today (spent on Ebay though!).
Wonder if anything new will come up tomorrow for the last day. I'm going to miss this!

I got the Kipling wallet, but don't know if it's pretty enough for me. I didn't get buy anything else, but I did get my kipling bag which is a nice birthday present for me grin

I'm going to miss it too, Tortoise <sniff>

Piemistress Sat 24-Nov-12 21:46:11

I spent on EBay too! Bought some of these for DD

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BABY-TODDLER-BOY-GIRL-LEGGINGS-TROUSERS-PANTS-/120756403760?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

What shall we talk about now wink

ShoopShoop Sat 24-Nov-12 21:51:52

I got the chestnut colour as I got some new black boots a couple of months ago so couldn't justify another pair I really wanted both

Now panicking that they may not fit my fat muscley calves blush.

I got the Escalor (sp?) Kipling bag the other day and it's so weeny. It's being sent back. I hope this Dounia one is bigger - I have lots of rubbish I need to fill it with!

ShoopShoop Sat 24-Nov-12 21:52:56

Oh Pie they are too cute! Might have to get some for DD.....

ShoopShoop Sat 24-Nov-12 21:55:49

Just re-read your last post titsalina - I feel your pain with boots dying. My old faithfuls suddenly sprung a leak this week. I can't for the life of me work out where from. I seem to kill shoes and boots pretty fast - I do walk a lot......but even so!

Piemistress Sat 24-Nov-12 21:57:23

Can't go wrong really for £2 and free shipping! I got the snowman, reindeer and fox with drum ones!

I got a pair of these for DD as a gift, similar but more ££££
www.bladeandrose.co.uk/

Piemistress Sat 24-Nov-12 21:58:35

I meant somebody bought DD a pair when she was born, am so tired my brain is mush!

Need to start thinking about stocking fillers for my 3yrs old DS.

Maybe we could carry on chatting about shopping!!

bagpuss Sat 24-Nov-12 22:14:11

I will miss this too. The hot diamonds necklace did a Samsung mid-afternoon and didn't come back so today has been the first day that we haven't bought anything.

The kindle is still in transit. We have prime so should have got it today. Dh called amazon who have given us £20 off another purchase - tempted by another kindle really at that price!

Shoopshoop, I got the escalor bag too but it really is for my dd - I am thinking of keeping it for quick trips out with keys, phone and purse - I might have to keep an eye out for a different one or borrow it from her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now