Amazon Black Friday - the weekend thread!

(163 Posts)

I just can't keep away wink

Doubt I will get anything today, but will keep looking, there are a few new bits on today smile

INeedThatForkOff Sat 24-Nov-12 10:55:49

Does anyone know re the Lovefilm deal whether you can use it if you've been A customer previously but not currently? I've emailed Amazon but not sure of a response in time.

INeed If you click on it, it says it's for new customers only sad

FudgeyCookie Sat 24-Nov-12 11:00:53

Pratting yes I did grin

Yay smile

Ds who is 4.5 loves batman. Do you think the Lego batman looks ok or a bit old for him? Seems to be a good deal.

Tortoise Sat 24-Nov-12 11:18:31

I was tempted by the lego books just for the ideas book but i don't know if its worth bothering. They make up their own ideas of things to build.

blibblibs Sat 24-Nov-12 11:21:12

We have the star wars and lego city packs for DS 4.9 and I think he'll love them - not sure he's getting them all for christmas though.

Got the Emilie Sande album today and a watch yesterday so I'm not looking anymore after my huge order at the begining of the week grin

Ok have bought lego batman.

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Sat 24-Nov-12 12:16:56

The Lego Ideas Book is really good, got it from the Book People last year. Ds (8) has spent many a happy hour pouring over it smile

bagpuss Sat 24-Nov-12 12:19:07

Tortoise, I was tempted by the lego ideas book too, but we have a few brick masters already and the sticker books are a bit young for dd1 and ds2 so I haven't found quite the right bundle yet.

Pratting, I'm not holding out too much hope for the necklace as dh would have to buy it on his phone or iPad (if it was a surprise) and it was sold out so quick yesterday that the app didn't upload it quick enough to bid. Still, I can hope grin

My bath bombs have been delivered - gorgeous packaging and looks much more expensive that £7.50 so a good adult gift I think. I hope mil will be pleased.

I am still waiting for the watch and also dh is waiting for the kindle fire. Dc have been arguing about who gets first go!

I can't find the love film. Can someone link for me?

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 12:36:24

Love Film deal Go!!

I just got it. Thanks to whatkingfu for posting the time of it earlier. I'd have missed it otherwise.

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 12:37:15

whatkungfu...think I just promoted you to royalty there grin

Thank you!

SweetMingePie Sat 24-Nov-12 13:20:28

Can anyone remember how much the boxed Harry potter on blu ray was on the Black Friday deal?

anklebitersmum Sat 24-Nov-12 13:34:28

About £17 Sweet ?

whatkungfuthat Sat 24-Nov-12 13:37:05

<polishes crown> I forgot it Harlett! Hoping it will be back tomorrow

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 13:41:17

I set a reminder alarm on my phone after I read your post this morning. With a 5 month old baby, I struggle to remember my name most days!

SweetMingePie Sat 24-Nov-12 14:00:40

Thanks ankle.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 24-Nov-12 14:05:36

The car seat cover and the Emeli Sande album arrived today. Lots of nice boxes still to come next week!

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 14:27:45

I bough an Accurist watch earlier in the week for DP's Christmas pressie. Arrived this morning and looks even better in the flesh. Ordered some silver earrings this morning for a friend and the Love Film subscription. Would like a watch for myself but haven't seen anything I fancy yet.

anklebitersmum Sat 24-Nov-12 14:43:05

Those slippers arrived today. To Mom or not to Mom 'Bedroom athletic' slippers. Now that is a question confused

On the plus side lots of boxes taking up the hallway grin

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 24-Nov-12 14:56:56

Do it anklebiter, I dare you.

anklebitersmum Sat 24-Nov-12 15:34:06

I think I probably will..Dad'll think all his pigeons have come home to roost grin

Afternoon all smile Sorry, I have been occupied for most of the day, so only just made it back onto the thread! Off to have a look at amazon now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now