Amazon Black Friday Thread - Day 4!

(199 Posts)

Welcome to Thursday's Amazon bargain thread grin

whatkungfuthat Thu 22-Nov-12 08:47:39

Play.com are doing the Monty Python boxset at £43 compared to £70 currently on amazon so it will be interesting to see what they reduce it down to.

NoSoggyBottoms Thu 22-Nov-12 08:49:34

hurricanewyn Thanks for posting that! smile

That is interesting, kungfu, I bought that set last year for DH, think it was about £25 from Tesco. He's still not bloody watched any of it hmm

SantasComingFace Thu 22-Nov-12 08:52:55

I quite fancy the Harry Potter box set.

Nothing else catching my eye today

NoSoggyBottoms Thu 22-Nov-12 08:56:57

First time I've followed the Black Friday event, and I'm disappointed. Last day tomorrow, wonder if they will have anything worth getting excited about?

When Amazon said that in previous years they had games consoles at £50 and latest CDs at £1, I was shock must check this out. However, feels like I've wasted my time with this.

Grumble over grin

SoupDragon Thu 22-Nov-12 08:57:37

I am idly toying with the idea of trying for the PS3 but, apart from that, nothing til the dog hamper at 6pm grin

Which is good as I need to clear out my bedroom in preparation for my new mattress which arrives tomorrow smile

ShoopShoop Thu 22-Nov-12 08:58:31

Morning!

I know whispers - I got a Trunki last week for DD. Did you get yours from Zulily? I'm going to be really annoyed if it's cheaper on Amazon!!

Nothing else really catching my eye today - although I thought that yesterday and somehow ended up with a Kipling bag blush.

It finishes on Sunday this year. More time for me to waste hmm

NoSoggyBottoms Thu 22-Nov-12 09:08:04

Pratting I thought Sat and Sun were days when they will re-list certain items sold this week, I think they called it a "re-loaded" weekend??

Ah, ffs, was there one on zulily?! Nope, I got the gruffalo one from amazon for £30. Only a couple of weeks til his birthday so I didn't want to leave it too long. Go on, depress me, how much did you get it for?

mirpuppet Thu 22-Nov-12 09:11:15

Thanks for the tips -- I am annoyed as they have definately bumped up prices to make it look like it is a big discount but if you look elsewhere the "black friday price" is around what the item should sell for.

I haven't purchased anything yet.

Oh right Soggy, thanks for letting me know smile

NoSoggyBottoms Thu 22-Nov-12 09:14:35

mirpuppet thats worth pointing out! I also haven't bought anything yet.

NoSoggyBottoms Thu 22-Nov-12 09:16:50

Pratting I'm sure I read that in the pre-Black Friday info on Amazon, but I can't find it now! It says that it runs to Sunday, but like I said, I think there won't be any new items at the weekend. I guess they will list what they havent sold? Don't hold me to it though, don't want anyone to miss a bargain!

Guess that means having to have a look at the weekend too. You know, just in case wink

grin

NoSoggyBottoms Thu 22-Nov-12 09:22:28

Aha, found it! "Missed deals during the week? You can grab them again over the 'Black Friday Reloaded' weekend on November 24 and 25" (taken from Amazon.co.uk)

Tortoise Thu 22-Nov-12 09:25:09

Link added to yesterdays thread.
Still can't see much of interest today. Ds1 wants the Mic for making utube vids on pc.

Quick question. To buy do you need to actually be in the item iyswim or just on the list of items page?

ShoopShoop Thu 22-Nov-12 09:36:28

Sorry whispers! I got the Penelope Princess one for £23 I won't tell you about the additional 20% Mumsnet discount I got

I did really like the Gruffalo one though but was too tight to get it grin

NoSoggyBottoms Thu 22-Nov-12 09:39:06

gregssausageroll If I've understood you right, you click "add to basket" on the Black Friday deals list when the deal goes live.

whatkungfuthat Thu 22-Nov-12 09:40:09

gregs you can click 'add to basket' on the list that goes from left to right without actually clicking on the item to make it bigger iyswim?

Thanks for adding the link, Tortoise smile

Shoop - you can get a mumsnet discount with zulily?! Why does nobody tell me these things?! It's ok, he would have quite liked the bee one today (or the princess one tbh!) but he has seen them before and really was enthralled with the gruffalo one, so I am glad I got him that one smile

chocolateicecream Thu 22-Nov-12 09:48:43

Nothing really catches my eye today, if I bought anything then it would be just for the sake of it, so that's not really a bargain.

Yep brill. Thanks both. Nothing I want today. Well nothing we need but still holding out for a kindle fire and a kitchen aid!

ImpYCelyn Thu 22-Nov-12 10:02:29

Well I have NCIS and Harry Potter in the basket. I do love a bit of Gibbs when I'm bored... But I already have HP on normal DVD, are the bluerays worth rebuying it for?

Would love a Trunki for DH, so £23 is the price to beat...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now