COFFEE MACHINE RECOMMENDATION

(34 Posts)
accessorieshelp Tue 20-Nov-12 08:07:41

Am contemplating getting DH one either for Christmas or our 10th wedding anniversary, it needs to make espressos & lattes (pref)/cappuccinos, easy to clean, probably pods, compact. Budget absolute max £200

any tips? (not sure if this is the right place to post?)
thanks

accessorieshelp Wed 21-Nov-12 18:16:18

you've lost me there imperial

ambi we have one of those. Am now feeling lazy about not doing it your way. I do find though that the espresso it makes isn't creamy enough (if that makes sense)

accessorieshelp Wed 21-Nov-12 18:24:38

anyone got the Lavazza A Modo Mio?

Caerlaverock Wed 21-Nov-12 18:24:54

I don't find the gaggia a faff to clean. I just tip the grounds in the compost rinse under a tap.

fengirl1 Wed 21-Nov-12 18:47:47

The Starbucks machine also takes K fee pods - available in Tesco as Podpronto, or you can order on the net.

I have a di longhi easy serving espresso machine. I'm very happy with it.

Liveinthepresent Wed 21-Nov-12 21:22:05

Another vote for Gaggia classic - ours was a gift and I worried at first it would be a hassle but we love it - use it pretty much everyday - even make myself a coffee to take to work rather than buying one nowadays.
Had it about 5 years I think and still going strong.
I am quite discerning about my coffee and based on my experience ( although I haven't used a pod machine for a while) you can't beat it.

ImperialStateKnickers Wed 21-Nov-12 23:17:42

accessorieshelp if you look on Active the top three stories are currently all about the saga of Coffee***, Clumsy* and the shared party for 4 year olds. Over a thousand posts today between them, quite possibly a MN record.

Probably all gone by the morning, HQ are showing signs of pressing the Big Red Button.

Wish I had room for a coffee machine sad, either it or the Kenwood had to go when we moved to a bigger house with a smaller kitchen. Cake making won.

ceeveebee Wed 21-Nov-12 23:26:23

We have a Krups espresso machine which makes lovely lattes

accessorieshelp Thu 22-Nov-12 12:52:49

ah imperial I'm intrigued now but can't find them

not quite sure where ours would go either - it would have to go one the dumping ground unit that has the radio on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now