What you are getting DH/DP's for Xmas?

(106 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Sun 18-Nov-12 22:09:03

My DH is hard to buy for (at the amount of money I have to spend anyway)

What are you gorging for yours?

I need inspiration as he is one of these guys who has everything and doesn't want anything inept ocular, but goes to great lengths to get me something nice

NewKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Nov-12 10:53:43

Hello everyone,

We're going to move this thread to the Christmas topic in a mo, as people looking for gift inspiration may head there first.

leesmum Mon 19-Nov-12 13:54:06

Im getting Dh one of these Real Ale Mini Cask £14.99 and free delivery smile

CuriousMama Mon 19-Nov-12 15:40:57

leesmum that's brilliant. Dp would love that.

naturalbaby Mon 19-Nov-12 15:48:36

marking place for inspiration
Last year poor dh got crap presents so looking to redeem myself this year.

He would like tools. I'm not buying tools.
There are a lot of good iphone/pad app games about but he's not really a game/toy person.

AuntieMaggie Mon 19-Nov-12 15:52:01

Dp wants a cycling top thats £50 (our budget) but its not very exciting is it?

Its DH's birthday this week as well and he is hard to buy for.

So far I have bought:

a Badger Beer selection set
A Gant rugby jersey
A camembert baker
hairy Dieters Cookbook
A book about Somerset cricket legends

Also planning a nice bottle of gin, nice tonic and limes
A box of wine gums
A Terrys chocolate orange
a subscription to Focus magazine

Not sure which will be birthday and which Xmas yet.

Kikithecat - that is a fab present. Really thoughtful.

NatashaBee Mon 19-Nov-12 17:30:44

Kikithecat... I wish you were my husband! I have 4 storage boxes of sheet music in the cupboard. I would be over the moon if someone sorted those for me smile

TellMeLater Mon 19-Nov-12 19:14:17

£10 limit has been agreed, just so we have something to open - am thinking weekend socks - ie not black, Belgian dark chocs like orangettes or CDs from his Amazon wish list - dcs will get him something from that list too.

1978andallthat Mon 19-Nov-12 19:26:08

Nice bottle of wine. Chocolate. Calendar. Poker cards and leather holder, some brio from dd which is for her really of course but they play with it together. Not loads but not going overboard this year.

everydayaschoolday Mon 19-Nov-12 19:54:29

beachyhead I'm sure Tiger will come back on shortly with all the info, but in the meantime I think there are some Lancaster rides in Lincolnshire, see link:

www.lincsaviation.co.uk

ChristmasCountdown Mon 19-Nov-12 19:56:27

This year DH is getting;

Slate cheeseboard & knives
Coffee bean grinder
Aftershave
An evening cook school demonstration voucher
Couple of books

I'll do a stocking for him with a cd, lottery ticket, toblerone, socks, gold coins and a satsuma.

JugglingWithPossibilities Mon 19-Nov-12 19:59:19

Ooh, I like the gin, tonic, and limes Buda - that's an idea smile

jennimoo Mon 19-Nov-12 20:19:41

I'm getting DH a beer brewing starter kit. £70 ish. It's a surprise but he's mentioned he'd like to brew some one day so hoping will go down well'

Thanks juggling. Someone else up the thread is doing something similar. I saw an magazine article which recommended a particular gin from Majestic which gave me the idea.

beachyhead Wed 21-Nov-12 08:28:03

Thanks everyday....I looked it up, then whispered to the kids last night what I was thinking of and dh watched as their faces lit up. He is obsessed by vintage planes and everytime one goes over, (we live near an airfield), we all have to run outside as various old planes fly over.....

But it is miles away from us, so would be a specific trip......

I think I'll give him a bench grinder (I'm not sure what it is, but it sounds naughtier than it probably is.....)

dawntigga Wed 21-Nov-12 08:48:06

I wrote this blog whilst thinking of my wonderful geeky man and looking for presents - he's getting at least 3 of them:

Wallet lock picks
Bacon salt
Magic rotating globe

Admittedly this list won't be of ANY use to you unless your significant other likes gadgets or tends to geek on the spectrum.

There's also a list of truly awful presents on there if you've got a secret santa who would either appreciate it or you can't stand.

IfWeOnlyHadTheMoneyI'dBuyHimAFullServerSuiteTiggaxx

BiddyPop Wed 21-Nov-12 09:05:57

DH has most things he needs. And his Mum still gets him "jocks and socks" every year (her version of grown up stockings for her boys, her DD (and her 2 DIL's grin) all get thermal tights (DILs don't get the undies, her DD does) ).

I started getting DD new PJs 5 years ago for Christmas Eve, and adding a pair for me 4 years ago (useful timing). DH effectively asked for them 2 years ago, so he now also gets a new pair on Christmas Eve.

Last year, in desperation, I got him a selection of 30 Christmas, winter and other speciality beers, along with a box of different snacks to go with it (wasabi coated broad beans, nice small G&B choc bars, bombay mix, crisps (I think they were beetroot rather than potato, or something mad like that).

This year, he wants a merino wool base layer (he cycles for commuting 75% of the time when he's not overseas), so I got that. His insulated cup (for coffee in the car) has been snaffled by another, so DD is getting him a new one, and new hankies (desperately needed). I am going to get him 6 beers this year (he really liked having a different one most nights). And as he travels a lot and has sensitive skin, I got him a travel wash and shave gel in the sensitive range his skin can tolerate (not cheap).

Dh is getting a zombie experience. I have no idea if he'll love me or hate me for it grin

MonthlyName Wed 21-Nov-12 11:08:21

Oo oo I want I zombie experience. What and where and do you have a link quietninja?

Groupon have photobooks at £11.50 from photobox at the moment so I've just ordered one of those & will fill with pictures of DH & DCs from the last year.

Just ordered him an egg timer that I saw on the bargain thread.

Chocolate orange & after eights for his stocking

Then will raid this thread for more ideas!

AuntieMaggie Wed 21-Nov-12 13:45:28

Brilliant - if i could afford it dp would get a zombie experience

fiftyval Wed 21-Nov-12 14:58:57

If he is in to the outdoors or camping then something from here might be good - I am tempted to get DP the 'whacky scrunch bucket'' smile
www.kayakingkit.com/home.php?cat=402

PeppermintLatte Wed 21-Nov-12 17:47:14

Got him some tickets to a concert, a personalised wall calendar of him & our daughter, a personalised key holder (forever losing his keys as he can't remember where he's put them) some aftershave and lovely pj's from next.

racingheart Wed 21-Nov-12 18:30:03

Bottle of single malt
Gorgeous chunky sweater that I will fancy him in
Tripod for his camera

Oh gosh monthly sorry I have only just seen your question! I can't link but if you google zombie experience there's only a couple of company's that do them. I bought mine thru iwantoneofthose.com but buyagift do the same types and there's a company that do them directly too. Looks like fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now