What you are getting DH/DP's for Xmas?

(106 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Sun 18-Nov-12 22:09:03

My DH is hard to buy for (at the amount of money I have to spend anyway)

What are you gorging for yours?

I need inspiration as he is one of these guys who has everything and doesn't want anything inept ocular, but goes to great lengths to get me something nice

ErrorError Mon 19-Nov-12 00:17:08

Well my ex-DP would have been getting something very expensive and useless at his request, so now I'm single again I decided to treat myself to a fancy gadget instead. Sorry, I know this isn't helpful at all, just massively chuffed that I'm saving a fortune this year! grin

I'd recommend Firebox for cool things anyway, it's my personal heaven. Or truffleshuffle!

nokidshere Mon 19-Nov-12 01:41:50

http://www.firebox.com/product/5436/QLOCKTWO

OMG I never heard of firebox and now I NEED one of these ^^

Wonder if I can persuade someone to buy me one lol - better keep off that site!

WelshMaenad Mon 19-Nov-12 01:58:45

Jeans, a couple of merino baselayer tees, Joop Homme Wild, lots of ale, some bits of camping gear he wants, socks, pants and the what.

Nothing exciting but he'll be pleased. He had a Kindle last year that he still adores. Might get him an Amazon voucher to buy some new books for it.

MORCAPS Mon 19-Nov-12 02:10:43

Latest Assassins Creed and some luscious Sheridan Bath Sheets.

We are also getting some new xbox remotes, but that is a joint family present.

ErrorError Mon 19-Nov-12 02:15:46

nokidshere that clock is amazing! I swear if I had unlimited funds I would buy out the entire stock! I also really LOVE the tent in the shape of a slice of watermelon, but unfortunately it's £495, and not Summer.

ErrorError Mon 19-Nov-12 02:23:17

Buy out the entire stock of the whole site I meant of course. Not purchase 500 odd clocks!

I don't know if it's still there but there's also a really cool mug in the shape of a camera lens, and not too pricey. Perfect if your DP/DH is into photography and cups of tea. I also like the weird foodstuffs they stock, like chilli flavoured sweets and 'space food'

ErrorError Mon 19-Nov-12 02:25:56

Camera lens mug

okay it's £14.99 so not that cheap. I'm sure it was less before. Maybe more due to pre-xmas price hike! Still very quirky though!

Haven't a clue tbh - I can afford a tenner at most. Any ideas?

catgirl1976 Mon 19-Nov-12 06:20:44

A claymore sword sad god knows why. I worry about him

CalamityJones Mon 19-Nov-12 06:40:38

An iPad.. We agreed a budget of £100 for christmas gifts, however we also agreed a budget for this years wedding anniversary present. I got him a lovely photography book, he got me a very expensive bracelet. Last year I got him a not hugely expensive jacket he asked for, he got me a mulberry handbag. The arse. I'm not being the person who sticks to the budget this year (besides, I want an iPad too).

diddl Mon 19-Nov-12 07:07:52

We don´t do presents either unless either of us particularly wants something.

I got a Kindle last year-he got nothing.

DeathMetalMum Mon 19-Nov-12 07:13:38

Xbox live subscription. Probably some big bang theory dvd's and Gaslight Anthem cd

There is only 6 weeks between his birthday and christmas which can be a pain. Lots of xbox gamed out this year though that he likes.

If GTAV was an option how about Assisins Creed 3, Lego LOtR is also out before christmas. Or Halo 4.

Lesbeadiva Mon 19-Nov-12 07:24:53

Not sure yet but probably some vibram fivefingers(weird shoe things) and a tablet, either a nexus or ipad mini.

beachyhead Mon 19-Nov-12 07:25:40

Tiger, love the sound of that Lancaster bomber on the runway experience!!! My dh would love that... Where is it?

Bobolbach Mon 19-Nov-12 07:31:40

Steel toe capped boots. Speakers for his computer and the qi fact book. Not a very exciting list!

BodaciousTatas Mon 19-Nov-12 07:40:33

I haven't a clue, he literally has everything. I will get him some nice aftershave but will use this thread for ideas smile

EchoDragon Mon 19-Nov-12 07:45:36

Mine is getting Die Hard and Back to the Future DVD Box Sets and various Lego items. He's a big kid really.

beachyhead Mon 19-Nov-12 07:51:42

Tiger, my dh would LOVE that Lancaster experience... Where is it??

beachyhead Mon 19-Nov-12 07:52:12

Sorry posted twice blush

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Mon 19-Nov-12 07:55:55

my dh is also hard to buy for, usually end up getting the same, socks, lager and a cd.

Oh and I will probably get him this badger beer countryside sett

valiumredhead Mon 19-Nov-12 08:27:31

Dh and I never buy for each other at Xmas, we have a day shopping at the sales in January.

Kikithecat Mon 19-Nov-12 09:09:12

I have bought a couple of cheap ring-binders and 150 plastic pouch/pages for inside. I am going to secretly take my DH's massive untidy pile of guitar music, put it all in alphabetical order and put each one into a plastic pouch and clip them all neatly in the ring-binders. He will be able to find any song he wants in seconds and yes he really will be happy with this present.

dawntigga Mon 19-Nov-12 09:14:28

Marking my place

ForACubFreeReadTiggaxx

JugglingWithPossibilities Mon 19-Nov-12 09:24:22

So far I've got some Bond Girl Top Trumps for his stocking.
I need inspiration too.
Fortunately the DC's are getting old enough to have some good ideas sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now