Naff idea?

(34 Posts)
healstorturepeople Sun 18-Nov-12 19:50:02

I am struggling for ideas for my work colleagues. I work with 7 lovely ladies but not in the same office.

I am thinking of getting each one a Little Miss book to suit their personality and then also a little something else such as a Christmas decoration.

Is the book idea naff?

FlatCapAndAWhippet Mon 19-Nov-12 21:00:24

A lottery ticket each.

notwoo Mon 19-Nov-12 21:07:05

I really wouldn't thank you for the little miss book (well, I would of course to be polite but I would think it was a waste of your money)

Homemade biscuits sound lovely, wine always appreciated, nice mince pies or Florentines or similar also good.

The thing that has been most appreciated by my staff has been a personal message of thanks in their cards-mentioning specific things I was grateful to them for.

Cinema voucher each then all go together ro see soemthing?

Cinema voucher each then all go together ro see soemthing?

PoppyAmex Mon 19-Nov-12 21:14:29

Sorry OP but laughing at the idea of Moleskine being "yuck" but LittleMiss books being acceptable.

Pixie I don't think your set ideas are naff at all, they're sound very thoughtful.

PoppyAmex Mon 19-Nov-12 21:15:03

*They're = they

Double post sorry

Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Mon 19-Nov-12 21:20:50

I have an idea.

Why don't you just agree not to buy anything for each other?
Why are you spending £35 on tat (and presumably get the same back?)
I just don't understand.

HippieHop Mon 19-Nov-12 21:44:29

I actually like the little miss idea but I am a big kid but would prefer a little miss mug or keyring, for example as opposed to the book. And I would sulk if I didn't get miss naughty! grin

I also love smellies and socks for christmas... Shall I get my coat now?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now