What board games?

(18 Posts)
CanYouHearMe Sun 18-Nov-12 18:06:02

2 Old Fogies (me & dp), 2 younger adults and a late teen - what board games for Christmas day. Any ideas would be great.

inchoccyheaven Sun 18-Nov-12 18:26:09

Challenji is good fun, it has physical, mental and something else( can't remember lol ) challenges to do which can be very funny.
We also like th elogo game and the best of british board game.

I am looking at smart ass, rapidough and tension as all get good reviews on amazon.

CanYouHearMe Sun 18-Nov-12 19:20:21

I'll have a look at those, thanks inchoccyheaven!

oddslippers Sun 18-Nov-12 19:21:25

We've got rapidough, it's good fun

41notTrendy Sun 18-Nov-12 19:22:41

We like the Logo game too. Who's in the bag is great although not a board game. Neither is Pass the Pigs but it is one of our most favouritist grin games.

BonfireBaby Sun 18-Nov-12 19:23:40

The new trivial pursuit team is good and much quicker than normal triv. Try balderdash too

Orangelephantshavewrinkles Sun 18-Nov-12 19:31:45

Cranium is fantastic Articulate is another great game.

fuzzpig Sun 18-Nov-12 19:36:08

Settlers of Catan is fantastic if you want some (relatively simple) strategy and serious competitive gaming grin

CanYouHearMe Sun 18-Nov-12 20:34:16

Do you have to be brain of britain for Cranium and Articulate though? That'd be me out, if so grin

LordEmsworth Sun 18-Nov-12 20:39:46

Second vote for Settlers of Catan, it's brilliant

healstorturepeople Sun 18-Nov-12 20:41:58

Logo.

POINTLESS! Unfortunately you don't actually get Alexander and Richard, but we've bought it as a family gift this year and cannot wait to crack it open yes yes I know I am lame

Beamur Sun 18-Nov-12 20:53:44

Carcassone is our favourite family board game - you can also get lots of extending kits for it to change it.
I love Scrabble but DP thinks I cheat (I just know the rules better than he does)
Cranium is great fun
For a quicker game I'd also recommend Bananagrams - bit like Scrabble but more frantic.

Orangelephantshavewrinkles Mon 19-Nov-12 08:14:00

No OP I manage and I am defiantly not brain of Britain!

TennisFan42 Mon 19-Nov-12 12:04:17

Another vote for Articulate plus Pass the Bomb is another good word game. Ticket to Ride is also good.
I'm glad you said Carcassone is good Beamur as I bought it for BIL for xmas. Are there any extending kits you would particularly recommend?

valiumredhead Mon 19-Nov-12 16:17:28

Not a board game but we had great fun last xmas with the new updated SIMON game - we are still playing it now.

Floralnomad Mon 19-Nov-12 16:20:50

We always play bingo at Christmas , seriously sad I know , but its become a tradition and we all bring along wrapped up prizes . Great fun and no brains needed .

valiumredhead Mon 19-Nov-12 16:21:45

BIngo is fab - we play it too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now