Santas Budget

(6 Posts)
chubbymomie2012 Sun 18-Nov-12 07:10:42

hi. i have four children ranging from 12 to 8 months. My OH and I are trying to agree on a budget. can u help me out and tell me roughly how ,much u spend on each of your kiddies at christmas please.
TIA

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 11:00:06

Hi there,

We are going to move this thread to Christmas as we feel it's a better fit.

Hope you get some good advice.

Thanks.

GladbagsGold Thu 29-Nov-12 13:19:49

This year approx £25 each for a present from us. Then around a tenner on stocking things from FC.

DoubleMum Thu 29-Nov-12 13:27:43

Your budget should be whatever you can afford, it doesn't matter what anyone else spends. The older they get though, the more the budget is likely to go up.

whattodoo Thu 29-Nov-12 13:36:24

I agree. The budget should be a reasonable sum that you can afford, divided by number if children (unless you are terribly wealthy which would make the budget obscene)

I think 50 max for littlies, maybe more for the older ones if they want something specific you believe they will appreciate and make good use of.

safflower Thu 29-Nov-12 13:40:00

Just see what your excess money is after all essential bills etc have gone out. Then decide from there.

It matters not a jot if others are spending thousands or a tenner. You will still give your kids a great christmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now