What are your 9/10 year olds getting as their main present?

(35 Posts)

I am really stuck.

Dededum Sun 18-Nov-12 17:43:15

DS1 + Ds2 both laptops. Hugely expensive but I need my computer back. Be careful with the iPods, they can get Internet and before you know it they will be watching endless utube videos. You can put a restriction on them removing Internet access.

With there laptops they will have timeupkidz which restricts the hours and times they can go on.

Small cheap tablet between all 3 kids. Plus a few little things each (eg super fluffy slipper boots from Sainsbos).

Clary Tue 20-Nov-12 00:18:48

9yo DS getting a stunt scooter, £50 reduced from £100 on Amazon.

Other options were spikes, skateboard, skateboard helmet, cricket helmet.

He has also saved up for an ipod touch with birthday money.

TeeBee Tue 20-Nov-12 12:28:53

ipad mini (but only because its his birthday on Boxing day, and he wants to forego a party so he can have the money towards his present).

imnotmymum Tue 20-Nov-12 12:30:39

My 9 year old boy and 10 year old girl getting a mini moto.

Myliferocks Tue 20-Nov-12 12:33:12

DD2 - 12 - new phone
DD3 - 10 - new phone
DS1 - 9 - PSP
DS2 - 8 - possibly a cheap tablet.

LaundryFairy Tue 20-Nov-12 12:37:34

Lego
Lego
Lego
More Lego

Notice a theme here?.....

Badvocsanta Tue 20-Nov-12 12:37:44

Ds1 is 9 and got an ipad with themomey for his npb day so its been tricky this xmas as no "big" gift iyswim?
so Main gifts are an iPod shuffle and a remote control plane.
Also got some playmobil pirate stuff, DVDs, books, ps3games, wii games, wii udraw.

daisydoodoo Tue 20-Nov-12 12:51:54

ds2 is 10, hes getting a new bike ready for secondary school next year (hi old bike is too small) and his birthday is in january so hes getting a kindle fire and a fishing box.

TellMeLater Tue 20-Nov-12 13:14:15

Laptops, we got them cheap tablets for their birthday but they are of limited use, so rather than battle over computers they'll have one each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now