Ideas for 2yo Girl who already has alot

(13 Posts)

Happyland is also very popular here, really coming into its own now, we have a lion driving a train and a couple of penguins playing in the fairground at the minute whilst the humans are in the zoo enclosures!!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 19-Nov-12 20:02:38

bumping for more ideas - my own 2yo also has an older sister and so has been handed down or shares lots of things

pigleychez Sun 18-Nov-12 22:34:57

My DD2 fits your nieces description exactly.
She's 2.5 with a 4yr old sister and between them have enough toys to fill a Nursery!

DD2 has the Peppa pig book and its great. Both girls have one each. Definitely a good buy!

Playdough is very popular here as is colouring/arty stuff.

Small world stuff too..ie Happyland, dolls house etc.

DewDr0p Sun 18-Nov-12 22:26:50

You can get fab big puppets like this which my 3 totally adored (still do!)

Or how about a hobby horse?

Might be worth browsing the likes of Letterbox, GLTC etc for some different ideas - they are great for presents for that age I think.

LinaLamont Sun 18-Nov-12 21:53:35

A personalised Peppa Pig book. You can choose hair style and colour etc, add in friends' names and details. I just ordered one for my 2 year old from Pen Wizard.co.uk. It was £15.

Rhienne Sun 18-Nov-12 18:08:40

If she inherits a lot, and is into clothes, maybe she'd like nice new clothes that aren't hand-me-downs?

[so says a younger sister...]

Second the aquadoodle type mat. A travel one would be great too, if she has a full sized one. DD adores hers.

Also, DD loves craft bits and paint. Or an ELC or Toys R Us voucher so she can go choose something special herself? DD loves to do that.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 18-Nov-12 09:36:33

If she hasn't already got it, I'd suggest Aquadraw (big mat that you 'draw' on with water filled pens - ours came with stencils and stamps too). Mess free and great fun.

Prizepudding Sun 18-Nov-12 09:19:29

This is lovely, always well played with in our house and something that lasts

www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Doug-12505-Doorbell-House/dp/B004KPKW8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353230296&sr=8-1

aerynsun Sun 18-Nov-12 09:17:33

My just 2yo daughter loves crayola wonder or colour explosion stuff www.crayola.co.uk/pages/core/colour-explosion-database.php. While it says 3+, I just make sure she's supervised when using it and the biggest bonus is that it's mess free! You can buy it from most supermarkets, amazon, eBay etc and its a nice activity to do.

AlohaMama Sun 18-Nov-12 04:13:07

It depends how the parents would feel, but for nieces and nephews we've often just put money in their savings account. They often end up with so many presents from doting grandparents that they can't even open them all on Christmas day and I'm loathe to get something they don't really need that will just get ignored. That way I figure the parents can either buy them something nice at a different time of year or save up to get something big. And at 2 they don't notice who gave them what so they won't realise they haven't actually opened anything from you.

amazingmumof6 Sun 18-Nov-12 00:06:10

lego duplo is unbeatable!
my 2.5 year old loves it and it will be well used for a few years and you can add new things every time.

unless her parents insist on new things for her, try and get some off Ebay - your niece won't care they are secondhand!

Lollybrolly Sat 17-Nov-12 22:59:37

Hi I need some ideas for my 2yo neice. She already has alot of stuff as she has an older sister so has inherited alot of toys.

I am looking for something around the £20 mark. I can go over this amount a little bit for something special.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now