Skylanders advice please!

(7 Posts)
simpson Sun 18-Nov-12 22:36:02

I would also get the giants set as as someone else said you can use the older figures on it....

I have bought it for my DS (7) and a second hand wii for him to share with his 4 yr old sister....

duletty Sun 18-Nov-12 22:34:21

We are skylanders mad in our house (for Wii console)

We have the original spyros adventure, which has the portal and we have all the adventure packs. We have recently got the giants booster pack too.I recommend getting this as it eats batteries....save a fortune

It's a fantastic game and your kids will love it.....even big ones!

If you buy the giants, not as a booster pack, I don't think you can buy the original spyros as a booster pack and your children may want this at a later date so it could work out as expansive and you have two portals.....I may be wrong here though

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 18-Nov-12 21:55:29

I'd get the giants set as you can use figures from the first set on it whereas if you get the first set you wouldn't be able to use the giants figures with it.

KinkyDorito Sun 18-Nov-12 18:58:32

We've just got the Giants starter pack for DS(will be 4) and DD(14 but wants it!). We haven't got the first one, but was told we didn't need it.

The figures for the original Skylanders work with Skylanders Giants. DS is 6 and plays with it every chance he gets.

SweetMingePie Sat 17-Nov-12 21:51:10

We have the first one and my 9, 7 and 3 year old play it fine.

The only problem getting the first one is that the figures will be harder to get.

SomebodySaveMe Sat 17-Nov-12 21:48:57

Looking for a joint present for DSD (6) and DS (3.9) and probably DP as well. Should I buy the first skylanders pack or start off with giants? Also would a 6 and almost 4 year old be able to play it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now