Organised Christmas peeps - what do you do on Christmas Eve?

(55 Posts)
racingheart Sat 17-Nov-12 20:45:30

For the first time ever, I am so organised I've been wrapping presents as they arrive. Had a little dip today though, as I wrapped DCs stocking fillers. I love sitting up on Christmas Eve with a glass of champagne wrapping them.

What do you do on Christmas Eve if you're all already sorted? (Want some luxurious new ritual to look forward to.)

bedmonster Fri 23-Nov-12 22:56:50

I know knackeredmother and I totally get the username! I barely see DP for the whole months of Nov/Dec, but to be honest, I can't complain much grin
And it does make me appreciate my heating when he gets a phonecall from a friend at 10pm on a friday night saying they've got no heating/hot water/water pissing from the ceiling causing disasters (although I HAVE had a dripping bath tap for going on 3 years now... mutter mutter tut tut!)

oneandnomore Sat 24-Nov-12 00:17:55

I go out first thing to butchers and for veg etc. Then it's a day at home.
The Christmas fairy leaves a bag outside for dd with pyjamas, activity, DVD and sweets. So she has a bath and we get snuggled on the sofa to watch the DVD.
Tea then leave food out for Santa and reindeers.

Bed for dd, I go to midnight mass then home to dh and we put the presents under the tree! I have to remember to chomp the carrots for the reindeer!

CockBollocks Sat 24-Nov-12 10:10:09

I have to work sad

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 24-Nov-12 10:15:05

last minute veg shopping
watch The Muppets Christmas Carol
peel spuds and make stuffing while Carols from Kings is on
make pudding for Christmas Dinner (we're not big Christmas pudding fans so it's normally some sort of chocolate affair)
Christingle Service
Reindeer Food and mince pies out

Doobydoo Sat 24-Nov-12 10:23:08

Not working Christmas Eve...go to see sister and family.Back,baths,pyjameas,film...treats for boys and logs on fire.DP reads the Night before Christmas....I love it.Prob walk dogs too at some point...and lots of Carols.Am working a Late Christmas day ...boo.But do have Boxing Day off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now