Dd(4) wants a fairy house

(10 Posts)
Gigondas Sat 17-Nov-12 20:26:52

She saw elc catalogue and liked this house

Has anyone got this? I am concerned she is bit old for it (is generally into playmobil and barbie so moving out of happy land type kit).

Any other alternatives for a fairy house? We already have a dolls house so not keen on that route.

cazza2878 Sat 17-Nov-12 20:43:42

My Dd also 4, has the happyland fairy treehouse and boot but rarely plays with them these days so I wouldn't personally buy anymore happyland. She's also in to playmobil and Im also considering some sylvanian families for Christmas.

cazza2878 Sat 17-Nov-12 20:48:41

If you type playmobil fairy in to Amazon theres a lot of options. I got a bargain in argos for £13.31 (reduced from £39.99) for the unicorn fairy palace.

Gigondas Sat 17-Nov-12 20:49:08

Hmm that's a thought (sylvanian family). She did ask for it though-- and I am soppy.--

Playmobil is ace but have got loads of that.

Pleasenomorepeppa Sat 17-Nov-12 20:52:19

Check out Le Toy Van. Not cheap but really gorgeous & well made!

Lollydaydream Sat 17-Nov-12 23:42:39

It's not really Happyland though is it, it's a bit more intricate - though might need closer inspection. My 4 yr old would love it and the reduced price is quite good. Personally I think as long as there is scope for imaginative play dcs can get quite a lot of play value. out of these things for a while. I'd show her a picture of that and one if something else you think she might like and get her to pick which she likes best.

3bunnies Sun 18-Nov-12 08:31:12

My DDs don't tend to play with happyland, and don't have the fairy house, but they are both still into fairies and might play with it if they came across one - they are nearly 8 + 6! Have said they want something to do with fairies, bit stuck for age appropriate fairy stuff.

woolleybear Sun 18-Nov-12 15:00:59

I have bought that for my 6 year old dd for Christmas. She grew out of happyland a good few years ago but this is not really similar. I have got some playmobil fairies to go with it rather than the elc ones.

Marne Sun 18-Nov-12 15:37:20

this ?

Gigondas Sun 18-Nov-12 16:53:32

Thanks all- Marne my dh found that so that is one idea but we do have truckloads of playmobil stuff so could use that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now