Looking for an elf

(38 Posts)
Boringbitch Sat 17-Nov-12 05:39:59

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy an elf soft toy/ornament please?
I want to do the 'elf on the shelf' this year but struggling to find an elf that doesn't cost nearly £30! Found a couple on amazon but estimated delivery is up to 6 weeks.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

CarmonEileen Sat 09-Nov-13 15:37:16

Not quite 'on the shelf' but, we found a cuddly largish elf in Tesco last year, in the Christmas soft toys that they do, it might be called Emily and friends, its fab an and as its larger than the branded elf it was great fun to play with. We did find an elf sized one in B n Q afterwards though so maybe look there. grin

keli5325 Sat 09-Nov-13 13:04:50

i found mine in ikea they had loads and only £4smile

cambridgemum2 Sat 09-Nov-13 12:50:45

They still have some at www.theelfcompany.com xx

Huffpot Fri 23-Nov-12 14:48:55

Marshmallowcupcake I like the delivery method for the letter.

My DS's are only 2 and 3 so won't deliver the letter until next Thursday or so as I think they wouldn't understand a long wait for their elf.

I am so excited!

2anddone Tue 20-Nov-12 11:32:41

I got a cuddly elf on the shelf from www.purebaby.co.uk was £14 delivered and came within 2 days looks really cute too

thegreylady Mon 19-Nov-12 21:40:48

How much do you want for it poH?I would love one for my dgc-please pm me with details if it hasnt gone already smile

Clothilde Mon 19-Nov-12 20:49:26

The peppermint elves are out of stock at bigfatballoons. I emailed them and they said that the new stock isn't due until 10th December. I'm now dithering between Ruby Range and a Maileg pixie.

maxybrown Mon 19-Nov-12 20:24:27

I ordered a ruby range one this morning, not sure how it will go down but let's see

MarshmallowCupcake Mon 19-Nov-12 20:15:06

Our ruby range elf has just arrived too! Came within 2 days of ordering which is fantastic! I've got lots of ideas for the mischievous little elf to get up to and getting so excited.My charges got their letter from Santa tonight (mb sprinkled flour all over the fireplace in charge #1's bedroom - thats the sign that santa has been down the chimney and left flying dust!) saying that he's sending over an elf to stay with them till Xmas eve. The boys are 4 & 6 and were amazed at the letter that mentions so much about them :-))

I have a brand new elf on the shelf with book etc that I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested.

beingginger Mon 19-Nov-12 11:30:15
Huffpot Mon 19-Nov-12 08:59:22

I looked but had no luck with the Gund elves but also looked at Ruby Range and they're gorgeous.

The lady that makes them is lovely and I now have one being sent on Tuesday with a personalised introduction letter to my two little boys with direct positive encouragement from Santa re potty training and listening skills grin

Onlyhappywhenitsnows Sat 17-Nov-12 21:11:43

I have to say the ruby range lady is very nice too, she made my elf in accordance to how I wanted him! Hair colour, clothes, eye colour.

kiwidreamer Sat 17-Nov-12 20:52:49

Awwwww I really wish I had seen The Ruby Range elves before ordering my Fiesta elves from the US, they are really gorgeous! I didn't realise my elves had a potential six week delivery time, £25 and they might not arrive in time sad

clothaddict Sat 17-Nov-12 17:40:36

I bought a maileg one. I LOVE.

Onlyhappywhenitsnows Sat 17-Nov-12 16:54:33

My elf is from the rubyrange too and I'm really pleased with him.
He is extremely cute, he's cute tall too. About 20".

Lastyearsmodel Sat 17-Nov-12 16:52:01

I found a Scandinavian-looking elf in TK Maxx's Christmas section for £3. He's made of felt and is about 6" tall. He does have his hat pulled over his eyes so may have invent a story about 'magic peeping x-ray vision' or something.

lumpybumpylooloo Sat 17-Nov-12 16:43:55

Huffpot, the seller I got my Gund Peppermint Elf from was Rutland Bears and Gifts. I got mine through eBay but they also have a website which is www.rutlandbearsandgifts.co.uk.

queenebay Sat 17-Nov-12 15:49:17

Build a bear are doing elf on the shelf this year. Only selected shops but also online. There is a code for 25% off until tomorrow online.

Haribolicious Sat 17-Nov-12 15:47:25

I got our peppermint Gund Elf from ebayer Crusaderware and was really impressed with it! It's bigger than I expected and looks very cute (I looked around and some looked a bit creepy!) I then just made up our own letters and he brings advent calendars each year along with xmas socks and pj's....he gets up to lots of mischief and you can get loads of ideas online.

lumpybumpylooloo Sat 17-Nov-12 14:38:45

huffpot, sorry I just noticed your question there. I'm not in the house at the moment but I'll check as soon as I'm home and post who the seller was. I'll get back to you later.

OohMrDarcy Sat 17-Nov-12 10:24:03

Your local garden centre. I spent about £5 on a small soft knitted one... The shop has since clearly heard of elf on the shelf as they have a giant Christmas tree covered in them and also selling the proper elf on the shelf sets!

maxybrown Sat 17-Nov-12 10:23:57

I like this idea but not sure DS would be very very suspicious and a little freaked out hmm

LegArmpits Sat 17-Nov-12 10:19:36

Have a look on ebay for vintage elf knee huggers, I got two gorgeous creepy ones from the US for £16, inc postage.

Kelly281 Sat 17-Nov-12 10:19:08

Build A Bear workshop are selling Elfs & Elf on the Shelf

Soft Tiy Elf 16.50

Elf Giftset

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now