Tight budget

(33 Posts)
Baldyant Fri 16-Nov-12 21:48:36

Hello.. First post on here!

I have a 7 year old son, almost 8. For the past probably 6 Christmases I have spoilt him as he lives with his mum, and i only see him 2 days a week. This year I am on a really tight budget, but I don't want him to feel like he hasn't had a lot etc. So I'm after cheap ideas for presents etc so I can get him a few.

I really am a hopeless shopper so any ideas would be great!
grin

spottymoo Sat 17-Nov-12 08:57:31

We have got ds a snowboard it's only a cheap one from argos £15 but thought I'd be something different to play with when it snows we got a cheap sledge the other year and put presents in that. Went down really well grin

Badvocsanta Sat 17-Nov-12 09:04:54

Nerf gun
Science kit
Board games - angry birds?
iPod shuffle
Books - the book people.co.uk are great for sets of books like beast quest, dr who etc
Kits
Remote control helicopter - amazon
iTunes voucher
Look out for amazon Black Friday deals from Monday 19th
Also argos 3 for 2

iloveholidays Sat 17-Nov-12 09:11:46

No experience of 7 year old boys but I'd suggest shopping around as much as possible online to get best bargains.

Check out the bargain thread on Christmas board as someone else has suggested.

Compare prices on amazon, play.com, toys r us, Argos, supermarkets, home bargains, the entertainer. I always assumed amazon was cheapest but have found a lot cheaper elsewhere by googling.

ELC usually have a 20% off birthday code floating around, again bargain thread can help.

Google free delivery codes if buying online.

You'll get a lot more for your money I find if not TV characters, although no idea if 7 year old boys are into tv characters.

I'd recommend having a look at the entertainer http://www.thetoyshop.com. They do a lot of stuff half price and I think suitable for 7 year olds. I think there is a 5% off code around... Check out the apbargain thread for that.

Oh and if you've got any tesco club card vouchers you can double them up for toys at the moment.

Hope this has helped. I'd just do a lot online to compare prices rather than go to shops as you wont know if that's the cheapest.

Good luck

iloveholidays Sat 17-Nov-12 09:14:47

I posted this on the bargains thread last night. Might be suitable if your son is into snooker and something you could do together.

www.homebargains.co.uk/products/5946-ronnie-osullivan-3ft-snooker-table.aspx

£20 here... £60 on amazon!!! Think home bargains might be limited time though.

ThickCut Sat 17-Nov-12 09:18:03

Smyths toys have got razor (sp ?) Scooters for £59.99 you'd still have £ 40 left to get loads with. Oh yeah, co-op have got sets of toys two for £10 they've got quite a few things including an army set with figures and tanks etc that my 7 y/o ds will love. Oh and £100 is NOT a tight budget.

ThickCut Sat 17-Nov-12 09:20:05

Smyths also do a two for £15 deal, with loads of decent stuff, we're getting ds a telescope and globe.

ThickCut Sat 17-Nov-12 09:30:21

Sorry, flickr scooter, not razor, doh.

And sign up for quidco and topcashback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now