Robot Toy help!

(7 Posts)
Haywire Sun 18-Nov-12 20:03:12

Thanks for the ideas! Robosapien looks great but not robot shaped enough perhaps and a bit too pricey as have already got her other bits. hmmm and not sure any of them say the crucial ' I am a robot' will have to borrow QueenBoo's DS! Dd loves Walll-e too! love the cookie cutters

Dd is such a geek in the making she also wants a calculator, a calendar and books about pirates. grin

DewDr0p Thu 15-Nov-12 20:14:13

We've got a Robosapien - very kindly donated by a friend - he is very cool. To my knowledge he doesn't say "I am a robot" but he does dance!

Marne Thu 15-Nov-12 19:37:36

this ? It has been advertised on TV so might be something she has seen?

BeaWheesht Thu 15-Nov-12 19:28:44

this lights up?

QueenBOObread Thu 15-Nov-12 19:12:55

DS is utterly obsessed with robots. Although he is only 2.11, we are buying him a Robosapien for Christmas. It's a BIG present, that he will explode with delight. I think they do mini versions too, but with fewer features.

Robosapien walks and talks but also burps and farts hmm which I would happily live without if I'm honest.

If you're looking for another robot-themed ideas, DS also totally loves The Iron Giant and WALL.E DVDs. We are also buying him this set of robot cookie cutters.

Alternatively, your daughter could borrow DS; he very much likes to walk around saying "I am a robot"!

Haywire Wed 14-Nov-12 20:59:17

Bumping for evening peeps

Haywire Wed 14-Nov-12 13:48:32

My 5 year old DD has written her letter to Father Christmas, most of it's easy enough and fairly modest, but she wants a Robot toy that walks in a jerky way <does action> has lights that come on, buttons to press and most importantly says "I am a robot". I thought oh that shouldn't be too hard to find but you know what it is.

When I were a girl robots were the future, turns out like hover cars and jetpacks it was all a dream! any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now