Robot Toy help!

(7 Posts)
Haywire Wed 14-Nov-12 13:48:32

My 5 year old DD has written her letter to Father Christmas, most of it's easy enough and fairly modest, but she wants a Robot toy that walks in a jerky way <does action> has lights that come on, buttons to press and most importantly says "I am a robot". I thought oh that shouldn't be too hard to find but you know what it is.

When I were a girl robots were the future, turns out like hover cars and jetpacks it was all a dream! any ideas?

Haywire Wed 14-Nov-12 20:59:17

Bumping for evening peeps

QueenBOObread Thu 15-Nov-12 19:12:55

DS is utterly obsessed with robots. Although he is only 2.11, we are buying him a Robosapien for Christmas. It's a BIG present, that he will explode with delight. I think they do mini versions too, but with fewer features.

Robosapien walks and talks but also burps and farts hmm which I would happily live without if I'm honest.

If you're looking for another robot-themed ideas, DS also totally loves The Iron Giant and WALL.E DVDs. We are also buying him this set of robot cookie cutters.

Alternatively, your daughter could borrow DS; he very much likes to walk around saying "I am a robot"!

BeaWheesht Thu 15-Nov-12 19:28:44

this lights up?

Marne Thu 15-Nov-12 19:37:36

this ? It has been advertised on TV so might be something she has seen?

DewDr0p Thu 15-Nov-12 20:14:13

We've got a Robosapien - very kindly donated by a friend - he is very cool. To my knowledge he doesn't say "I am a robot" but he does dance!

Haywire Sun 18-Nov-12 20:03:12

Thanks for the ideas! Robosapien looks great but not robot shaped enough perhaps and a bit too pricey as have already got her other bits. hmmm and not sure any of them say the crucial ' I am a robot' will have to borrow QueenBoo's DS! Dd loves Walll-e too! love the cookie cutters

Dd is such a geek in the making she also wants a calculator, a calendar and books about pirates. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now