What are you getting your DH for Christmas?

(114 Posts)

I can't think of anything original sad

Have got him little stocking fillers and the usual stuff, smellies, etc, but I usually get him a main present too, and I just can't think of anything I've not done before.

Tell me your wonderful ideas please so I can steal them smile

legalalien Tue 13-Nov-12 12:31:13

Marcheline - an upholstered footstool - I am well impressed! Memorabilia also well received here - you can get a voucher from eg www.rugbyrelics.com if you're not sure what to get.

Taffeta Tue 13-Nov-12 13:50:25

We never spend much on each other. I've got him a digital photo frame ( a cheap one from play.com ), SD card to go with, and Micky Flanagan DVD.

Last year he got us tickets to Chelsea Flower Show. smile

mignonette Tue 13-Nov-12 13:56:16

A Cajon -

www.newcastledrum.co.uk/percussion/2471-pearl-primero-box-cajon-gypsy-brown.html

A bottle of The Peat Monster whisky

A bottle of Cuban Rum

An antique box to store his Liquorice/Rhubarb&Custards in

Bag of marbles and a deluxe Scrabble set as ours is decrepit.

He also gets a Stocking every year.

mignonette Tue 13-Nov-12 13:58:07

Am also going to buy him the newly releases boxed sets of 'ThirtySomething' from Amazon as he adored that show and so did I....

Bumblequeen Tue 13-Nov-12 14:05:49

Years ago we agreed not to buy one another Christmas presents and instead focus on food/drink and dd.

We spoil each other on birthdays.

DVDs
CDs
Socks
Hair trimmer thing
Magic fire powder thing that changes the colour of fire
Xbox 360
Jelly babies
Chocolate orange
Xbox games
Tony Hancock tshirt
A mug for work
Clothes
Will get a few more bits.

We're going to Manchester for a few days before Christmas to go shopping, the Christmas markets and I've booked for us to go and see The Lion King at the theatre.

Then after Christmas we're booked to go to Center parcs for a few days over New year, this is also a present.

lynniep Tue 13-Nov-12 14:21:40

so far I've bought him a pestle and mortar. Not because he'll use it, but because he asked for one a while back and rarely asks for anything (we can afford)
He also asked for a pashley bike. but since that will also go unused, I'm not getting him one!

Aboutlastnight Tue 13-Nov-12 14:27:45

I'm shock that you get your partners 'stocking fillers'!

Shodan Tue 13-Nov-12 14:37:58

Silk boxers for sleeping in.
The latest Terry Pratchett.
Golf stuff (gloves/tees)

That's it. I've run out of ideas! I'm sure I thought of something else but whatevr it was, it's eluding me now. grin

schilke Tue 13-Nov-12 14:44:59

Er...not much. We don't really give each other a christmas pressie. Perhaps a token gift. I'm a bit surprised at these long lists people have!

oreocrumbs Tue 13-Nov-12 15:27:23

My DP doesn't get anything exciting:
Clothes
Books
Aftershave
Computer game/s
A hamper of american sweets

I have no original thoughts when it comes to mens gifts!

I was thinking about getting him one of these fingerprint keyrings but it is his birthday on the 27th so I will probably get that for his birthday.

Have bought my DB a filofax, FIL a digital photoframe, SF whiskey.

Bumblequeen Tue 13-Nov-12 15:27:32

Prattingaround- wow! Do you go all out every year?

oreocrumbs Tue 13-Nov-12 15:28:24

Oh I bought him a hulk mug from the disney shop too grin

Afrodizzywonders Tue 13-Nov-12 15:34:10

A bird box with integrated camera (night vision) - he loves wildlife and is always feeding the birds.
An astronomical telescope - we moved to the country and the stars are amazing, lots of late nights and hot chocolates star gazing. He wooed me under the stars lol!
Some tent slippers, a second hand x box game, some of his fav chocs and some nice t shirts from etsy.

It was his 40th this year and I was skint but after a huge eBay sale....I'm combining Christmas and birthday presents so he's done well.

Brightonite Tue 13-Nov-12 15:36:39

A weekend with a Ray Mears type company - survival outdoors....rubs hands with glee!

iseenodust Tue 13-Nov-12 15:43:03

DH would love the bird box with night vision camera - maybe when he has a big birthday.

fuzzpig Tue 13-Nov-12 15:44:41

Dh would love the bird box too - but then so would I!

We haven't done stockings for each other since having DCs, but we've agreed to this year, very excited!

Bumblequeen Not really. We tend to go away for a few days because it's our anniversary on the 22nd December, so that's a mixture of anniversary and Christmas present. And we had such a crap time last year with family at new year, we decided we'd rather pay to go away for a few days than have the grief of seeing them this year blush

He never wants to buy anything but he has said he wants an xbox, so I'll get him one.

I expect it to change when/if we're lucky enough to have children though.

Clickityclack Tue 13-Nov-12 16:27:39

pratting around where do you get this magical powder from? This sounds like just the thing for our nights in the garden with the fire pit.

I got them from Amazon Someone talked about them on here yesterday and I had to get some smile

Clickityclack Tue 13-Nov-12 16:44:11

Thank you I've just ordered some

BeaWheesht Tue 13-Nov-12 16:45:21

This is my thirteenth christmas with dh so I am somewhat running out of ideas!

So far I have bought:
Trivia film quiz
Socks
Bucket list DVD
A team DVD
Darth vader and son book
Stone roses t shirt
Star wars t shirt

I might get him tickets to a rugby game or something, or a comedian maybe. He got tickets to the stone roses heatin park gig last year.

MrsJamin Tue 13-Nov-12 19:58:43

If any of you have slightly nerdy DHs, I would really recommend a raspberry pi- a small computer on a tiny circuit board that they can program and make into anything. DH loved it for his birthday.

ByTheWay1 Tue 13-Nov-12 20:05:06

ooo ooo oooo I just got my hubby's raspberry pi in the post today....

he's going to be a happy chappy, has been whittering on about wanting one, but then they went out of stock and delivery was delayed til after Xmas, then they got a big shipment in at Farnell so I got it toooooooday....

If you do get one get it from somewhere like Farnell/ Radio Spares because there are a LOT of rip-off merchants on Amazon/ebay asking for shed loads of money.....

Noren Tue 13-Nov-12 20:09:36

A subscription to this! http://www.beerbods.co.uk/ they send a beer each week with the story of where it's from etc and discuss what they thought of it. I'm getting a 12 week gift subscription for £36, but you can get a 24 week one for £72. I think he's going to love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now