Can anyone recommend where I can get a letter from Father Christmas?

(33 Posts)
iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 20:04:13

I could do one myself, but I thought if I could get one online it might look a bit nicer than I can manage on word with a few clip arts smile

Thank you

I second the eBay one. Not had the finalised letter only.nthe draft so far but it is fantastically well written.

newmummywasananny Thu 22-Nov-12 10:50:14

Hi there I used www.lettertosanta.info

It's sent by email but its quite fast and only cost 50p, the only thing is if your child sends a letter to santa they don't automatically get a reply, you have to go to the 'grown ups section and full in info for a reply, also it says something about you need to do it from a desktop rather than a mobile phone to be able to fill in additional info.

I thought the service was good because it was fast/cheaper than
the rest/ and the letter was individual to my child.

Also I'm new to mums net, so a big hello to everyone out there!

exoticfruits Sat 10-Nov-12 20:20:45

We just put them in the post
Father Christmas-North Pole or whatever and got lovely ones back-don't the PO do it any more?

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 10-Nov-12 20:19:54

Go to the site i linked ^^,
click letters from santa,
then click on sample,
then choose the one called non believers or on the cusp.

I got it last year for dd.

anja1cam Sat 10-Nov-12 20:15:54

Thanks Hokey I'll have a rummage smile

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 10-Nov-12 09:49:02

anja On the one i linked to i'm sure there is a template for dc that are starting to question their belief in the great man!!

mummy1986 Sat 10-Nov-12 09:46:17

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-2-Page-Santa-Letter-Babys-1st-Xmas-inc-Reindeer-Food-Dust-gift-/221142430453?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&var=&hash=item337d1db2f5

This lady is fab, she emails a form which you fill out with all the details you want on the letter.
ive got on of these to be sent out in dec and also this one for my kids to open xmas day

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221135192544?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

anja1cam Fri 09-Nov-12 23:52:59

Thanks everyone these are all great! We unexpectedly got some last year, they were sent by the GPs, and I am wondering about a repeat performance... Esp good for DD(8) who des not quite believe any more but was quite bowled over by the letter last year!!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 09-Nov-12 21:55:01

I have used this one since 2006.

You can personalise and choose the letter template.

Comes with a little door hanger.

Great quality.

DowntonTrout Fri 09-Nov-12 21:52:01

Oh! Last year I used Classic Santa as DD is older now.

It is a very classy, grown up looking letter. Great quality paper, with a beautiful red wax seal.

They are ver nicely done. Completely different to the Rooftop Post ( still Favorite ever!)

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 21:26:06

Think I'm going to start a thread with a link to that website... really lovely! smile

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 21:14:47

Well they certainly do some lovely printable templates which I think I'll use... certificates, door hangers etc.

Thanks for the suggestion.

DowntonTrout Fri 09-Nov-12 21:09:56

Just google them.

It is the nicest one we've ever used.

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 21:07:16

Doesn't seem to let me click on your name (or any name for that matter...)

I'll see if I can find any help on the website...

Thanks

Fairylea Fri 09-Nov-12 21:06:52

Nspcc one is lovely.

We also do portable north pole videos online... not sure if the site is running yet. They are so good !! Great alternative to a letter !

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 21:05:38

Oh no, now I don't know which one to go for!!! smile

I'm just looking on rooftop - there are some nice templates to print/colour etc.

www.rooftoppost.co.uk/free/father-christmas/

DowntonTrout Fri 09-Nov-12 21:04:49

I think you just click on my name and go to my profile. Then it will say view Downtons photos.

Rooftop post are amazing.

You get them from amazon this year.

Truly beautiful, really have the wow factor.

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 20:53:56

How do I look at your profile Downton? (Sorry dumb mumsnetter here!)

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 20:51:52

ByTheWay - thanks, that sounds like Portable North Pole, I'll have a look. I've got 2 DDs with another due (today!) but not sure whether DD2 will understand (20 months) so looking for DD1 mainly.

DowntonTrout - thanks, I'll have a look at that.

DowntonTrout Fri 09-Nov-12 20:42:14

Look at Roof Top Post.

They are the most beautiful traditional style letters. Not the cartoony type. They are fully customisable so Santa or FC seems to know every detail about your child.

I will upload a picture of last years to my profile.

ByTheWay1 Fri 09-Nov-12 20:40:06

we do the nice list video every year - you can do it from end Nov - on http://family.go.com/santas-list/ you upload a pic and name and Santa tells the child they are on the "nice" list not the naughty one... best one to use if you only have one child though - it repeats the same script with a different name...

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 20:28:10

Sounds like the NSPCC one is the way to go smile

I used portable North Pole last year, DD1 loved it... will definitely be using it again this year. It was a huge success!

Any other online ideas? I know we can track FC on Christmas Eve as well.

I need to start taking notes of everything!!

McKayz Fri 09-Nov-12 20:24:48

We get the NSPCC ones. They are brilliant.

reddaisy Fri 09-Nov-12 20:24:03

We get the NSPCC one too and it is really lovely and for a children's charity of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now