Sainsburys half price toy sale...

(10 Posts)
Chocolatemakesmefat Sat 06-Oct-12 18:45:09

Anyone know when it is?

chipsandbeans Sat 06-Oct-12 18:58:21

Its usually the Thursday of half term week so 1 November this year but I have been told they aren't doing it and just doing a big sale after Xmas instead. I have no idea which is true but I have already put my childcare in place for that (early) morning just in case!

4forkssake Sat 06-Oct-12 19:51:30

Just asked the same question blush. Bet their toy sales will decrease if they wait til after Christmas. After all, there can't be many people who'll want to spend a fortune on toys after the event & apart from during the sale, sainsburys aren't the cheapest option around.

scrappydappydoo Sat 06-Oct-12 20:15:54

They ALWAYS say they won't be doing it - never confirm it til the day - keep an eye on the MSE grabbit boards as there is usually lots of speculation.

Smokedsalmonbagel Sat 06-Oct-12 20:54:06

Half term is the week before here so I think its going to be the end of October!

Murtette Sat 06-Oct-12 20:58:07

Quite a few of their own brand toys which, for babies & toddlers seem to be pretty good imitations of some of the better known brands, are half price at the moment. I realise that's no good if you're looking for a specific item but thought I'd mention it incase it was of use to anyone.

greenhill Sat 06-Oct-12 21:04:14

I've already bought a pirate ship for my 2 yo old DS as it was half price this week (only £12.50) it comes with 3 figures, a crocodile, a castle with a flag and the pirate ship. You press a button for the sound of cannon fire and a pirate tune.

He clutched it all the way home, but I distracted him with chocolate and CBeebies, so have now hidden it for Christmas.

Ooh greenhill, ds would love that!

Chocolatemakesmefat Sun 07-Oct-12 14:55:20

Yes I saw the odd bits half price which jogged my memory re the sale. Will keep an eye on the boards, cheers

oldraver Sun 07-Oct-12 15:09:56

I was disappointed in the sale last year, hardly any Lego at all like the previous year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now