Is anyone interested in a Christmas do over in Bristol?

(259 Posts)
MrsWembley Wed 03-Oct-12 21:29:57

If so, let me know and we can arrange something.smile

oldsilver Wed 10-Oct-12 22:08:22

Thanks for sorting this MrsW - any specific timeslot, or just rock up any time smile

Am I too late to join? Always wanted a mumsnet meet up and now it looks like I'm too late. sad

xkcdfangirl Thu 11-Oct-12 06:42:12

MrsW said she would book for extra people so that there was room for late joiners, I'm sure it'll be "the more the merrier" unless there's a legal maximum for the area they're screening off for us?

Oh didn't see that, hope so. Thanks.

exexpat Thu 11-Oct-12 10:45:34

More the merrier sounds good to me <waves at all the Bristol MNers I haven't met>

Just a thought, though: do we need to check what happens if we plan to pay on the night, but some people have sick kids etc and need to cancel at the last minute? Would we get charged for non-attenders anyway? Presumably if they are putting together a buffet for X number of people, they will want to be paid for it...

MrsWembley Thu 11-Oct-12 12:39:27

Thank-you, exexpat, yes. If we're ordering a buffet then it'll all be done in advance and so, unfortunately, will need paying for whether we're there or not. 'Tis the chance you take.wink

They will need a deposit but I'll let you know when I know. My email is playing up so I haven't got the menus yet either.sad I have, however, been assured by 'my name's Oliver, call me if you need to talk again' that vegetarians need not worry.

MrsHoarder Thu 11-Oct-12 13:41:21

Thanks for organising this.

yy to paying individually (to Watershed) in advance. Means you aren't at risk from people not turning up. Happy to do that, I consider loosing money if DS is ill that night to be one of the risks of motherhood.

freetoanyhome Thu 11-Oct-12 18:46:15

8th is a saturady so there's night buses

MrsWembley Fri 12-Oct-12 06:21:03

Sorry, I should have said, welcome, QuietNinja!

Thanks for organising MrsW, Watershed is great location, nice and central.

Have put 8 Dec on the calendar, looking forward to meeting some Bristol MNers smile

IslaMann Fri 12-Oct-12 14:54:54

Are we going to wear badges with both our MN and RL names? grin

MrsWembley Fri 12-Oct-12 19:48:20

Do you know, I was just talking about this today to my DP. I was dithering between sticky labels with RL names or with user names. I feel pins are for work conferences and proper suits, sticky labels much better for posh frocks and naice tops.wink

How about labels set up with space for both/either, then everyone can choose when they get there?

Thanks mrs. I think both mn and rl names are a good idea because i am rubbish at remembering names?but will go with what everyone wants.

BobblyGussets Sat 13-Oct-12 17:59:57

Thanks MrsWembly, for organising this. I will be there.

IslaMann Sun 14-Oct-12 19:43:01

Yes def to both names. I'll never remember who's who otherwise! Next question. Smart casual, or dressy?

MrsWembley Sun 14-Oct-12 20:36:26

Oh, Isla, jeans and a t-shirt will be fine if that's how you're comfortable (me most of the time). However, I never go out these days, so I'll be donning my party dress and some high heels.grin

I may even put some lipstick on...

Right, now read carefully and choose...

Option 1: £12.95 per person -
Rustic mini rolls with meat, vegetarian & vegan fillings -
Leek & smoked Wedmore tartlets v -
Smoked coley en croute -
Vegetable & herb olive oil pasties ve ve ve -
Chicken & home cured chorizo flatbreads -
Roasted vegetable skewers ve -
Espresso chocolate brownies with a seasonal fresh fruit bowl v

Option 2: £14.50 per person -
Tortilla wraps with meat, vegetarian & vegan fillings -
Vegetable & spinach pakoras with mint yogurt v ve -
Filo parcels with seasonal vegetables v -
Halloumi stacks in a lemon & coriander marinade v -
Beef Penang skewers -
Vegetable fritters v -
Assorted cakes with a seasonal fresh fruit bowl v ve

Option 3: £16.95 per person -
Freshly baked ciabatta with meat, vegetarian & vegan fillings -
Chicken pesto skewers -
Parmesan polenta bites -
Buffalo mozzarella, sundried tomato & basil flatbreads v -
Vegetable & herb olive oil pasties ve -
Prosciutto ham & parmesan tartlets -
Mini fruit tarts with a seasonal fresh fruit bowl v

IslaMann Sun 14-Oct-12 21:53:26

I vote option 2, sounds lush.

Spero Sun 14-Oct-12 21:58:34

Option 2 looks good, but I am happy to go with majority.

I go option 2 too.

xkcdfangirl Sun 14-Oct-12 22:52:40

tbh the veggie options in option 1 sound a lot more appetising than those in option 2, and esspresso choc brownies sound lush too. Option 3 looks much less nice than the others so def not that. I won't mind option 2 if I'm the only vote for 1 but if we get option 2 and the "assorted cakes" only includes 3 chocolate ones then can I bagzie one of them?

EwanHoozami Mon 15-Oct-12 08:27:22

RE food - they all look luvverly. I'm low-carbing but will probably cheat especially if there's wine in the vicinity and all options

I love that I now have an 'office' christmas party despite being a SAHM. I will wear my (not very smart) dress!

EwanHoozami Mon 15-Oct-12 08:27:55

^^and all options have something good for me, that should read blush

AbigailAdams Mon 15-Oct-12 08:44:25

Option 1 would be my preference but happy with 2 as well.

FreckledLeopard Mon 15-Oct-12 11:56:35

Option 2 looks great - count me in for the 8th December! Looking forward to meeting lots of people!

MrsWembley Mon 15-Oct-12 11:59:17

Just goes to show what the fuck I know about anything! I would have sworn that you'd all go for option one.gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now