why are little girls so hard to buy for?

(28 Posts)
shelley72 Tue 02-Oct-12 17:51:21

DS is just 5, DD is nearly 2.5. I need some ideas for presents! DS is so easy to buy for - he has a clear idea of what he likes and i have to be strict with myself or i could end up buying him so much. DD on the other hand i always struggle with at christmas (and birthdays).

i just dont know what to buy her or to suggest when relatives ask. so what kind of things are you getting your little girls? she isnt a very 'girly' girl if you know what i mean - zero chance of dressing as a princess in this house - from her anyway!!!

GrimmaTheNome Fri 05-Oct-12 13:35:51

>also thinking of suggesting to relatives that they could put money towards our season tickets to local farm, baby groups etc as we do go out a lot in the summer!

yes - when you've got enough 'stuff' that's a great idea. DD had season ticket (for her and us!) for the zoo from granny one year.

poachedeggs Fri 05-Oct-12 13:37:47

A balance bike for sure. This time next year she'll be like Victoria Pendleton!

RobinSparkles Fri 05-Oct-12 13:50:42

We're the same this year but have 2 DDs.

DD1 (5) is easy - has a list as long as her arm anyway.

DD2 (will be 22 months by Xmas) - I haven't a clue because she always wants to play with DD1's stuff. She loves dolls, teddies and cars and little figures ie. Happy Land, little people etc but we have all those and it's pointless buying more!

I find children are usually pretty easy. I love buying for my 3 yo nephew but my 13 yo nephew is a different story.

Ime, girls like the same as boys - cars, blocks, play dough, paint. It's just difficult when they've had toys passed down from older DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now