Countdowners united

(880 Posts)
MamaPizzaChristmasToppings Mon 02-Jan-12 17:16:00

grin

giraffeseatpineapples Thu 03-Oct-13 18:45:27

Hi chesty smile

Think I have pretty much bought middle dds presents now shock
We have planted some purple bedding plants in a large black pot for the front door so I am thinking if they are still in flower round christmas I might make a wreath with purple bows? Is that taking things a bit too far grin

giraffeseatpineapples Thu 03-Oct-13 18:45:55

Maybe I should join the poncetastic thread ;)

farrowandbawl Thu 03-Oct-13 18:46:27

I've got a few things off the list today. I also found two turtle doves for the tree.

JerseySpud Thu 03-Oct-13 18:46:41

83 to go!

DSJamesHathaway Thu 03-Oct-13 18:47:51

Sounds lovely, do you have a link farrow?

farrowandbawl Thu 03-Oct-13 19:01:09

No sorry. They were in a candle store in the shopping centre.

ChestyCoffin Thu 03-Oct-13 19:13:44

Wreath sounds lovely girraffe

I did go to town and got two more presents and a giant tub of mini chamallows for DB.

Need to order some things off amazon too.

farrow sounds lovely.

<hands round mulled wine>

giraffeseatpineapples Thu 03-Oct-13 19:34:31

mmmmm mulled wine yum wine never too early for mulled wine grin

Where did you get the mini marshmallows chesty - passes round cupcakes that look like hot chocolate

ChestyCoffin Thu 03-Oct-13 20:12:22

Asda....huuuuge bucket!
Excellent for hot chocolate grin

DSJamesHathaway Thu 03-Oct-13 21:28:57

Thanks for the mulled wine Chesty Not sure I need it after half a bottle of wine though smile

ChestyCoffin Sat 05-Oct-13 14:26:37

Yay it's christmas mumsnet appeal time therefore it really is nearly christmas grin

How is everyone?

mama I'm worried the decorating has eaten you?

Mmmmm farrow you have to smell the snowflake cookie yankee candle it's divine!

farrowandbawl Sat 05-Oct-13 14:49:24

Hi Chesty, how are you?

I've smelt it Chesty it's nice. I'm just burning the last of the woollen mittens big jar (I have another waiting). I've got salted caramel in small jars waiting to go. The Christmas ones are all in the loft with the decorations - It'll be nice to get them out again.

ChestyCoffin Sat 05-Oct-13 14:59:15

I'm ok, got the grumps as dieting. Nearly 3 stone down but my its hard work.

I've got 2 and a half jars to get through so I can justify new christmas ones.

<goes off to find matches>

What are you up to today?

farrowandbawl Sat 05-Oct-13 15:04:30

I'm supposed to be doing my homework but can't concentrate with ds rooting through the lego every 5 seconds.

DD is baking bread so food control for me has gone out of the window and I'm now avoiding the housework. I'm kind of lost really, got loads to do but either can't or refuse to do it. I've spent the morning unblocking the toilet though so it's not been a complete waste.

What are you up to?

ChestyCoffin Sat 05-Oct-13 15:07:45

Homework?

So far have been walked/dragged around the park by ChestyDog and taken DM shopping.
Just looking at box office films for later, think I fancy the last exorcism 2.

Rock and roll, eh?

farrowandbawl Sat 05-Oct-13 15:10:50

lol, very rock and roll.

I bought Game of Thrones months ago and still haven't got round to watching it.

I love watching a scary movie but can't seem to bring myself to find the time to scare myself silly...not really a good idea to do that when you live on your own and have an overactive imagination anyway I guess.

ChestyCoffin Sat 05-Oct-13 15:13:50

I couldn't get into game of thrones.

Few friends and I often go to the cinema and scare ourselves witless at a scary film grin

What homework are you doing?

giraffeseatpineapples Sat 05-Oct-13 15:28:16

Feels like one of those damp squid weekends doesnt it? Love yankee candles but havent had one for years. Tend to use body shop oils in an oil burner - my fave is sandlewood. Going to have to investigate yankee candles again hang around clintons sniffing the christmas candle display !

I like Game of thrones but dp tried watching a particular awful episode on season 2 and declared it too disturbing so I cancelled it on love film! We have 3 disks at a time and unlimited downloads at mo with 2 months free so will prob give season 2 GoT another try.

I am failing to persuade dd to do her homework but then I cant be bothered with the dishes either! Will prob do a day trip tomorrow.

Enjoy rest of weekend all smile

farrowandbawl Sat 05-Oct-13 15:43:44

Damp Squid weekend - YES! That's exactly what it's like.

ChestyCoffin Sat 05-Oct-13 18:06:36

Has anyone ever ordered from joe and sephs?
Quite fancy some posh popcorn, they look divine and would be great for adult CEH.

farrowandbawl Sat 05-Oct-13 18:31:43

Never heard of it Chesty...hang on and I'll have a look.

farrowandbawl Sat 05-Oct-13 18:36:34

It's a bit pricy for me. I'd love to try some but I can't justify that paying that much. It's a shame as it looks realy interesting....right up my street.

ChestyCoffin Sat 05-Oct-13 18:41:52

I definitely wouldn't buy it normally but might splash out for christmas?

Some interesting flavours.

giraffeseatpineapples Sat 05-Oct-13 18:48:37

I think it sounds nice to try as a treat, £3 not so much for a one off, but the packet wouldn't go far! They sell it at waitrose so bound to be on offer at some point. Air popcornmakersare quite fun - a small handful of kernels sends loads of dry popcorn flying out after about 2 mins and you have to catch it in a bowl - my dc have it plain - v cheap. You could make a sauce in a pan www.yummly.com/recipe/Peanut-Pecan-Caramel-Popcorn-Food-Network-205052?columns=4&position=33%2F81 . Would be a bit of a faff but good if for lots of people

farrowandbawl Sat 05-Oct-13 18:50:18

I'm liking the thought of the blue cheese and walnut flavour, all of the savoury ones to be honest.

Buy these for christmas....hmmmm....I watch a lot of films over Christmas...and Kung foo Panda 3 is out on the 23rd of Dec....ok, I'm tempted now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now