Countdowners united

(880 Posts)
MamaPizzaChristmasToppings Mon 02-Jan-12 17:16:00

grin

MamaPizza Sun 25-Nov-12 13:19:26

Oh, and I'm sure Santa also visits Germany. Have you tried Karstadt or Kaufhof maybe? Or one of the many Christmas markets, surely they'll have a grotto somewhere.

I am hoping to get my advent box wrapped today, waiting on DS to nap, but he really isn't much of a daytime napper. But he was up a little bit earlier than usual today, so maybe!

Well done on the Santa visit!

I will check Karstadt, or the markets, just wanted to know that they did do this here! There's a swanky hotel near here, they look like they are settling something festive up in the courtyard, I am hoping maybe there'll be a grotto. I hope the Santa can speak English to DS! Much as I want him integrated, he doesn't speak as much German as he does English.

<twirls> I was going to wait until the first to namechange, but as its a month to go as of today, I thought I'd get started! smile

MamaPizza Sun 25-Nov-12 15:50:02

Love your name! I was going through the list higher up on this thread this morning, but still can't make my mind. Knowing me I won't decide until Easter hmm

Hope you find a grotto place and an English speaking Santa.

smile Thanks! I am feeling all festive. Just put The Santa Clause on TV.

Me too! I don't think I'll be able to find out in advance if the Santa speaks English. Hopefully it will be the real Santa like the signing one in Miracle on 34th! smile

Have you narrowed down your namechange choice at all?

MamaPizza Mon 26-Nov-12 20:23:42

Nope, still no name. ARGH! Those decisions!!!

Had a poopy day, all three of us poorly and DS and me still not much better. Looks like another day at home tomorrow.

Seriously, where are the others?

ISawMamaPizzaKissingSantaClause?

Oh no. Hope you all feel better?

Maybe it's me? sad

MamaPizza Tue 27-Nov-12 07:53:14

I like the name, it is in the top 5, so I might actually go for it.

Feeling a bit better, but DS isn't great. Boo sad

I'm sure it's not you. It's just a shame, they were all here since January, hope they are just too busy.

Ooh, pick mine, pick mine! smile

Glad you are better, hope the little one is ok very very soon.

I hope they come back! <checks for bad breath and smelly pits>

MamaPizza Tue 27-Nov-12 14:39:13

Maybe it's my furry legs that they don't like? grin

Could someone please stop me getting more presents for DS? Just bought the big city wooden garage from ELC. In my defence - it was half price from £140 to £70 and I have been eyeing it up for ages. It isn't available online so called nearest shop and they had a delivery this morning. DH is picking it up after work grin It's like a dolls house but for boys - yeeehah! Now, where the fuck am I going to put it? hmm

smile Mm, cosy! smile

Haha! Does sound like a good bargain!

ChestyNutsRoastingAnOpenFire Tue 27-Nov-12 22:31:50

Evening Christmas buddies grin

Working 5 days a week is interfering in my MN!

Nearly all bought and wrapped. Annual leave starts 5pm Friday and planning on finishing off, Christmas cards and tree up.

Am so ready for a break sad

MamaPizza Wed 28-Nov-12 08:36:28

Wahey Chesty! Nice to see you again. How dare work interfere with your MN life! Not long til Friday. How long are you off? For the rest of the year?

O!M!G! That resuce station is awesome! I had a bit of a play last night

Welcome back, Chesty. Don't work too hard!

Glad you like your rescue station, Mama.

I am about to print my letter from Santa, I was wondering what the best way to search for a nice background is. I like yours, just wondering if I could find something I liked more! smile

MamaPizza Wed 28-Nov-12 20:07:13

Darn! They got 25% off at ELC now, I could have had it for £53 (or thereabouts) instead if I had waited one extra day. But now it's open I can't even return it and buy a new one as nothing is wrong with it. Ah well...

I just searched for Christmas background / Santa background etc.. Took a while to find the ones I liked. Have fun sorting your letter.

I just raced on to tell you not to bother, I've found something I like! smile Thankd anyway!

Oh no, I hate it when that happens. How annoying. Worth going in and asking for a 25% refund or gift card?

MamaPizza Wed 28-Nov-12 20:46:54

Link please grin

Do you think they'd do it? Wouldn't mind having £17 back, means I can get another toy for DS grin

www.erinvaledesign.com/.a/6a010536340e31970b0162fd1fc57c970d-pi Quite plain, but I like it! Aiming to use this same one every year, I think.

Haha! Another toy! How much have you got him? It's worth a go, I reckon!

MamaPizza Thu 29-Nov-12 06:16:00

Lovely! I like it too, might use it next year.

I got far too much for him. Last year we were so broke as I was unemployed and I have gone a bit too crazy now that I'm earning again. I know it's too much, but I also know he will love it all and play with the toys.

Will give ELC a ring later and see what they say.

I'm glad you like it! I know it isn't colourful and childy, but I thought it looked rather official!

Fair enough! That's how it goes sometimes. As long as its used and appreciated.

Good luck with ELC!

ChestyNutsRoastingAnOpenFire Thu 29-Nov-12 17:09:00

Am off for a week grin

Sat down funny and pulled something in my back, hope it doesn't interfere with my birthday plans!

Go for it on the present buying mama you had a rough time last year.
I love to buy presents everyone has far too much.

Molepomandmistletoe Thu 29-Nov-12 19:05:18

Hello Glitterbugs...

Sorry I've not been on, just busy with SN stuff, school stuff, college stuff, christmas stuff, birthday stuff and now I'm ill so I've overdone it again.

How are we all? Nearly ready?

DS has had his medication upped so he's under constant supervision to see his reaction to them (asd and adhd)..he SEEMS a little better but he's not eating. I have a senco meeting with him next week about his schooling, or lack of.

I'm doing loads of research for my next college project as well as homework which I've done but not handed in..ooops.

DD had her 12th birthday yesterday, only to get herself grounded for a week 3 days before for lying to me all day about doing her homework...which she wasnt..result is...she's now has loads to do in less than a week. Tough.
She got everything she wanted for her birthday though even if I did have to call the ex twice in Aus to bloody call her. He did do it in the end though, he missed it last year. I've taken her new phone off her for not doing the homework..she's not talking to me now. lol.

I've dragged myself out today and got everything else that was on the list. Came home and wrapped it all. Just need to get DD an advent calander which I'll do after swimming on Saturday.

I've been reading The Hunter Games trilogy on DD's kindle....OMG, you HAVE to read them. Brilliant, the film was good but doesn't do the books ANY justice what so ever.

College has thier tree up and it's looking fab, my mate has all of her trees up and has done for over a week now, but she's just mental...school had their trees delivered today so walking in main reception smelt AMAZING..even through the crappy cold I've got.

My local pub near college is doing a christmas dinner which myself and 3 other mates have booked for the day after we break up...19th I think.

Town has still has a market in but they've now added a CABIN! Which is basically an open PUB! That's heated! with the town christmas tree right outside it so we can drink mulled wine and spiced cider while watching people shop, the carolers singing and the lights twinkling on the tree.

To top it all off...............................................................................

I've nearly finished making my coffee table! It's looking fab, just a bit of sanding, fixing the table plates to fix it to the frame, 3 coats of oil and it's done! Should be here in time for Christmas which is what I want.

mama Go all out by all means this year to make up for the bad one last year. Just dont go overboard. You have earnt it, litterally so enjoy it.

whatwouldsantado Loving the name change..you HAVE to show us that letter. You do know that dont you?

Chesty Ey up mucker...Look after yourself with your back and hope it's not too bad. Enjoy your Birthday plans! What are you planning to do? Congratulations on the week off! Nice one!

Is anyone else freezing their socks off today? I've had two pairs of said socks on, and 2 pairs of gloves, thermals, jeans, tops and dressing gown as well as the heating and I'm still frozen.

Speak to you all soon, just off for a hot soak to try to sweat out this cold. BRB. xx

Molepomandmistletoe Thu 29-Nov-12 19:05:41

Wow, epic post....sorry about that.

Ouch, Chesty, poor you. Hope your back gets better soon. When is your birthday? Sorry, I joined this thread a few weeks ago and didn't read it from the start.

Hi, MolePom. Gosh, what a lot you have on your plate.
Sorry to hear about the DC troubles. Kids, eh! And the ex! What a plonker, honestly. His loss.
How many trees does your friend have??!
Hope the bath worked its magic and you are all better.

It's cold here, but I was wrapped up super efficiently when I went out, I was actually too hot! smile

You want to see the copy of the letter Santa wrote my DS? I am a dork, you'll all send me off to NetHuns!

I have wrapped the box for the advent gifts, just waiting on the socks in the mail. Not a huge problem if they don't get here.

My item from America arrived this morning, the one that was delayed due to Hurricane Sandy, so that is excellent, as it is one of DS's main gifts. Phew!

All my packages have arrived, apart from a) the festive socks I was planning on putting in the advent box for tomorrow and b) stuff I haven't ordered yet! smile Only planning to order some food, hence delay, like vegan marshmallows.

Can't believe December will be upon us so soon! It really feels like it has come round so fast. I wish it would slow down a bit! I love the run up so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now