Help finding decent personalised books for children

(13 Posts)
reddaisy Fri 07-Oct-11 22:55:20

Can anyone recommend a good personalised book? You know the kind where I can say what the main character is called...

fourkids Fri 07-Oct-11 23:33:32

This is slightly different maybe. you don't just insert names and places, but can create the entire book -

The software is easy to use and the finished books are brilliant and totally professional. Might not be what you are looking for though...

NoHunIntended Sun 09-Oct-11 00:11:40

ta da!

CaptainNancy Sun 09-Oct-11 00:26:59

I am boggling at the idea of wanting one of these tbh. Can you say what it is about them that appeals to you reddaisy?

happylittlebear Sun 09-Oct-11 00:50:33

Last year I bought personalised Thomas books from the milkshake website, they went down very well. They might be doing them again?

GsyGacheFiend Sun 09-Oct-11 01:08:25

Egmont do these personalised books but they seem to be birthday ones apart from the Thomas the Tank Christmas one.

reddaisy Sun 09-Oct-11 20:57:05

Thanks everyone. I am just on here for two mins so I will have a look at the links properly later.

Captain Nancy, the reason I quite fancy something like this is because I remember a friend of mine having a personalised book when I was little and I thought it was because he was so special!! blush and as I was a bookworm I really coveted anything like this. And it is potentially for my niece who lives abroad and I want something light but personal and that popped into my head!

SharonGless Mon 10-Oct-11 20:24:48

www.identitydirect.co.uk/personalised-books these have all the Disney characters. I used them last year for nephews and seemed to enjoy them. Quick service

bethelbeth Wed 12-Oct-11 00:48:19

penwizard.co.uk do personalised peppa pig ones.

Use code 456321 to get £2 off (not much but it helps!)

Pooler Sun 16-Oct-11 11:22:58

I can thoroughly recommend snapdragon books, www.snapdragon-books.co.uk, they are absolutely brilliant. We have ordered one for our DS for Christmas and when my husband and I read it, we were crying with laughter. The 2 ladies who write it made it so personal by asking us lots of questions about DS and it just made the story fantastic, can't wait to read it to him as he loves hearing stories about himself!

taraanorth Wed 11-May-16 09:28:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Tuire Fri 13-May-16 08:51:57

www.vevivos.com/2016/04/11/introducing-message-bottle-book-chance-involved/

user1474069195 Sat 17-Sep-16 15:36:52

Thanks Pooler - I took your advice and went with Snapdragon Books for my niece and nephew. And you're absolutely right - these personalised books are amazing! The story is brilliant, the illustrations are beautiful, and the personal details woven throughout the story puts these books streets ahead of anything else out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now