KidKraft Dollhouse - does anyone have one?

(15 Posts)
andthisisme Tue 20-Sep-11 18:07:26

Are they good? I'm thinking of getting one for DD who will have just turned 4. Due to the price it would pretty much be her only present (off me and DP anyway) so I want to make sure it's worth the money.

Also any thoughts as to which model to get? I like the Savannah, the Amelia, and the Dream Mansion.

Thanks

Link here

BelleEnd Tue 20-Sep-11 18:11:35

They look lovely BUT have you seen this? At a quarter of the price and it looks beautiful. I really want to get one for my DS2 but DH says it's me that wants it angry grin

Bargainous

andthisisme Tue 20-Sep-11 18:25:20

Thanks BelleEnd (great name btw)

It does look lovely but I'm not sure how long it would last IYKWIM? It looks quite small so I'd be worried DD would outgrow it quickly. Also I think one big enough that a friend or her brother (or me wink ) could play with her without a fight would be better.

The ones I'm looking at are around the £100 mark, not the £200, no way could I afford that grin

BelleEnd Tue 20-Sep-11 18:27:03

ISWYM. DS2 is 2 in a few weeks and I am itching to buy him a dolls house... I'm afraid that it's total projection, but I reeeeeeeallllly want one!

andthisisme Tue 20-Sep-11 18:30:53

It would be perfect for a 2 yo. Do it do it do it! grin

BelleEnd Tue 20-Sep-11 19:29:45

Really? It says 3+ though. But I know he's love it because it would be one toy I'd be willing to play with him all day. blush grin

NHScutback Tue 20-Sep-11 19:51:08

Savannah looks nice and not garish colours like some of the others. ELC do a very similar one in their shops too. the big houses suit playdolls such as Barbies so grow with them I think.

Nikkid21 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:51:36

Dd has the sochic one - got it from Costco 3 Xmas ago for £120. It is massive but is her most played with toy. She is now 7 but still uses it daily with different dolls.

The furniture is well made and the paint gas only chipped when dropped from a height onto tiled floor.

Scale is slightly wrong for barbies but excellent for sylvanians

One word of warning - do not attempt to build at 10pm Xmas eve after several baileys grin

andthisisme Tue 20-Sep-11 20:04:51

BelleEnd The 3+ will just be because of small parts, unless he still sticks everything in his mouth I think it would be ok.

NHS I'm with you on the garish colour issue, DD is in the "pink" phase but going for the more muted one might be better longterm.

Nikkid Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. Although I think you have probably just foretold my Xmas eve grin

Get one, you won't regret it.

My 2 girls have the one from Costco too (via Ebay- worth a look). We have had it 4 years and it is still used daily. Even their 12 and 13 year old cousins (the 12 year old is a boy) play with it when they visit (under the pretence of entertaining my girls of course). If it stops being used (although I can't imagine it) it would make a fab bookcase.

Ours will become a haunted mansion this year as the girls want the Monster High dolls.
smile

Ours is like the Amelia crossed with the Dream Mansion, must be an older model.

WhinGin Wed 21-Sep-11 08:07:06

Belle I bought the toysrus one for my DD a couple of Christmas' ago and its lovely grin Its great in that it comes with all the furniture and a family but a lot of the 100pcs are tiny little plates for the table etc which I never put in the house because I could only imagine them all going up the hoover at the time her little brother was only 1. I still have never given her them and she hasn't missed them smile It is only bare pine too and I spent every night in December decorating it inside and out with tester pots of paint, samples of wall paper and felt carpets (before I built it up!) and I had lots of fun doing so. AND it really made it feel like a very personal present from me to her. We LOVE our dollshouse grin

andthisisme Wed 21-Sep-11 08:57:04

Thanks all, my mind is made up, I'm going to get one smile

Now just need to find a good bike for her Birthday at the beginning of December hmm grin

Groupon have one of offer for another 4 hours!
http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/kids-playstore/992465
I don't get anything for this link but happy to share.

uksa9001 Mon 11-Aug-14 12:07:33

Kidkraft Dollhouses are very nice and strong. Just bought one for my little one for £79.99 from Luvbrands.co.uk. Usual price £139.99, got a bargain. Offer ending soon. My daughter loves it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now