Non-materialistic Christmas Gifts - What do you really want?

(18 Posts)
WasAwayIndieManger Wed 15-Dec-10 08:27:10

My sister called and wanted to know what I would like for a Christmas present as I am apparentyl "hopeless to buy for"

I said what I really really wanted was for our 4month old twins to sleep for at least 5 hours at the same time.

After that I would like to have a Christmas day when nobody argues...once...at all..about anything!

I don't need any more "stuff" the house is already full of tat lovely things.

What non-material things would you really like to get this year?

soppypreggyloon Wed 15-Dec-10 09:01:16

an easier end to a slightly fraught pregnancy

a baby who sleeps through before 12mo

a bf/ dh for my lovely sis who is long term single but recently immigrated so has a new country of men to choose from

lucysmam Wed 15-Dec-10 15:25:13

What I'd really like is two kids with a completely clean bill of health, but not likely to happen. So, instead, I'd settle for a babysitter for my birthday so that dp and myself could go out for more than just the odd couple of hours here and there, and actually spend some time together

thatsnotmymonkey Wed 15-Dec-10 15:28:36

I would like to come home to a sparkling clean house which gleamed. My house is a pig sty and my possible bronchitis prevents me from doing piss all.

aBrightStarWithFestiveWays Wed 15-Dec-10 15:29:56

Christmas with my mum and brother

Since that is never going to happen, I would really really like for DH to be offered the job he wants, as he deserves it so much and we could then move back to be nearer our families.

ragged Wed 15-Dec-10 15:31:29

A job. At least 20 hours/week. Am bored sick of being a SAHM.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 15-Dec-10 15:34:13

dd2 to sleep more than 4 consecutive hours, or at least take a bottle.

abgirl Wed 15-Dec-10 15:39:00

To not be constantly worrying about money and to have a job I love, rather than one that pays most of the bills.

herbietea Wed 15-Dec-10 15:40:01

Message withdrawn

taffetazatyousantaclaus Wed 15-Dec-10 16:29:59

Happy DC that are kind to each other over Christmas
DH to be free of back pain
No snow - we are on a hill and inaccessible, I want my food delivery for Christmas.
For this to not be my Dad's last Christmas

Lynli Wed 15-Dec-10 23:33:32

I told DH that all I wanted was for him to be in a good mood all day.

He said he was not capable of it and he would not promise as he would only disappoint me.

DandyDan Wed 15-Dec-10 23:35:54

For one of my children to learn how to control their finances.

For another, a little more get-up-and-go

For another, a complete end to conversion disorder blips, which threaten their future education and career.

For myself, a way around writer's block.
For my OH, some time off.

greygirl Thu 16-Dec-10 18:31:44

i'd like someone to have my 3 children overnight (away from my house) so me and hubbie can get on with jobs and stuff and then have a good night's sleep.

and motivation to do my exercise regieme!

Butterbur Thu 16-Dec-10 18:36:15

After health and happiness, for the whole family and world peace?

Willpower and the ability to use time effectively instead of frittering it away.

goingroundthebend4 Fri 17-Dec-10 12:07:27

if waqs something just for me.Would be to wish for my best friend to be able to come over in summer next year for week or so .

I miss him so much and email not the same as big bear hug

Quenelle Fri 17-Dec-10 15:36:23

A girlfriend for my brother. (Thought I'd posted this already, must have been another thread. Worth another mention though.)

Sarsaparilllla Fri 17-Dec-10 16:18:30

I'd like for next year not to include any of the stress and illness that this year has been filled with.

No trips to A&E, no people being sectioned, nobody in intenstive care with a brain haemorage, just a nice, calm year, boring normality would be lovely

For my mum to meet my DD, for my dad not to drink as much as he does, for my DH to be in a job where he is happy and confident and for a calm and healthy year ahead (I would also like DD to sleep through just once so I could get a full night's sleep for the first time in 20 months, but that's too much to ask!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now