Crackers, homemade ones, what can I put in them?

(12 Posts)
Confuzzeled Thu 11-Nov-10 17:14:16

So DD and me are making the crackers this year, wooooo.

Anyway I can't think of things to go in as treats. It's hard to think of small presents for adults and kids.

claricebeansmum Thu 11-Nov-10 17:15:39

Will watch this thread as thinking of doing this but am slightly daunted by finding 13 cheap and cheery but not crap giftette.

Daisyduckmuckedup Thu 11-Nov-10 17:16:32

there are a million and one places that sell party bag gifts for kids.That sort of thing might do it for you.

personally though I would prefer something like a mini bar of high quality chocolate (Green and Blacks, Hotel Chocolat etc), a VERY bad joke and a home made hat.

Here's a VERY bad joke for you. What did the tick say to the clock? What are you tocking about.

Confuzzeled Thu 11-Nov-10 17:40:41

I'm going to use that one

I've done home made crackers and I put in a scratchcard (that was fun, hoping someone had won £££ for xmas). Nail polish..(max factor ruby fruit is exactly like chanel rouge noir)photo key rings of DD in a santa hat for grandparents ones, funky costume jewellery...posh pens.. I just used to look randomly in shops at anything that would fit down a loo roll ha ha.

girlywhirly Thu 11-Nov-10 17:59:32

jewellery items
mini torch
tiny handbag size pen
magic facecloth (expands in water)
keyring
Thorntons truffle pud or yule log
lipgloss
eyeshadow
miniature toiletries (split multi packs)
tiny executive puzzles
seed packet or plant labels for gardeners
novelty erasers, pencil sharpeners
super bouncy balls
tiny figures (Polly Pocket, Playmobil, Lego etc)
plastic animals
tiny matchbox type cars (can often get multi pack and split up)
stickers (rolled up)
choc lolly or Lindt mini reindeer, snowman or Santa
bookmark adult or child type as long as you can make it fit.

Presumably you will label each cracker for a particular person, so will have some idea of what to put in for them.

claricebeansmum Thu 11-Nov-10 18:59:51

I like the lotto ticket idea...and a chocolate grin

Hassled Thu 11-Nov-10 19:01:23

I did them with bits of tat from Hawkins Bazaar. Some were a success, some really weren't, but it's probably worth a look.

KatyMac Thu 11-Nov-10 19:02:51
taffetacat Thu 11-Nov-10 19:41:13

Children: Match Attax, GoGos, Hello Kitty tat stuff, Muji little notepads, mini choc Santas
Adults: Molton Brown freebies/travel sized handwash etc, salad and herb seeds, posh mini chocolates, designer tissues

Confuzzeled Thu 11-Nov-10 20:50:21

Fantastic, thanks so much.

ChippyMinton Thu 11-Nov-10 21:25:42

a selection of little wind-up toys that can be raced down the dinner table (Hawkins Bazaar do loads)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now