IngredientsBoneless leg of pork
2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to season
Oxo cube or Bisto
Method1. Take the pork out of the fridge about an hour in advance
2.Season the meat with a little salt and a little more pepper and some olive oil. Make sure to avoid the rind.
3. Score the rind and season very well with salt, making sure to work it into the scored areas.
4. Pat down the rind with kitchen paper several times over the next hour to get it as dry as possible. Add more salt over this time if necessary.
5. Preheat the oven to 220C
6. When you're ready to cook, get a non-stick deep edge (1-3 inches) baking tin ready. Lay the onion slices across the bottom of the tin. Put the pork on top - skin facing up.
7. Cook for half an hour at 220C, and the rest at 170C - 70mins per kg.
8. When done, take out the pork and remove the crackling. Cover the pork meat in foil and leave it to rest.
9. Pour the juices and the onions into a glass container/bowl/measuring jug and leave for a few minutes.
10. If the cracking needs more finishing, flatten it out as much as possible, add more salt and finish it under the grill (watch closely to make sure it doesn't burn)
11. Prepare some basic gravy - Oxo, Bisto, whatever's your favourite. Take the juices/onions and remove any fat that's settled on the top if needed. Add to the gravy to finish it.
Then serve it all together.