Ingredients1/2 Granny Smith apple (large)
3 large eggs
2 fresh chillies
1 sprig coriander
1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp thin soy sauce (or fish sauce)
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp palm sugar
1/4 cup dried shrimps
1/2 tsp salt
Method1. Pour 3 cups water in a pot, add eggs, bring to boil on high heat, and additional boil about 10 minutes or until cook. Remove the eggs from shells, cut in halves, and arrange in a serving plate.
2. Peel shallots, cut coriander stem, wash apple and all vegetables. Finely slice shallots, chillies, and coriander.
3. Peel apple skin, thinly slice, and shred. Soak in cold salted water (mix 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups cold water) for 5 minutes to prevent oxidation. Drain, rinse in cold water, pat dry and set aside.
4. Ground dried shrimps. Then prepare dressing by mixing lime juice, thin soy sauce (or fish sauce), sugar, palm sugar, and sliced chillies in a mixing bowl. Adjust flavour to suit your taste.
5. In a large mixing bowl, mix shredded apple, sliced shallots, sliced coriander, ground dried shrimps, and dressing, then mix thoroughly.
6. Put the salad in a serving bowl, and serve immediately with hard-boiled egg.