Ingredients2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
200g rindless bacon (chopped)
6 small courgettes (chopped)
350ml chicken stock
2 tbsp fresh mint (chopped)
Salt and pepper to season
Method1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large saucepan; add onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until bacon is golden brown.
2. Add courgette and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through.
3. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or under courgette is tender.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped mint, then blend the soup with a hand held blender until smooth.
5. Return to the heat and cook over a low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
6. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with extra mint to garnish.