Ingredients375 g potatoes, peeled and diced
55 g butter
25 g onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp flour
125 g cod fillets, skinned and cubed
125 g salmon, skinned and cubed
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 bay leaf
1.5 tbsp milk
75 ml milk
50 ml vegetable stock
25 g frozen peas
50 g grated cheddar cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
Handy HintLook great decorated like little animals :)
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the potatoes, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with the milk and half butter until smooth. Season for babies over one.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the flour and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Gradually stir in the milk and then the stock. Bring to the boil and cook for one minute.
4. Add the fish with the parsley and bay leaf. Simmer for about 3 minutes and then stir in the peas and cook for one minute. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the cheese until melted. Season with a little salt and pepper.
5. Divide the fish between 3 ramekin dishes and top with the mashed potato. Brush with the lightly beaten egg. Heat through in the oven for about 15 minutes and finish off for a few minutes under a preheated grill until golden.
6. Use vegetables to make a face on the pies before serving.