Ingredients3 big carrots grated finelly
150g of soft butter
200g of sugar
300g of flour
50g of polenta fine flour
2tsp of vanilla extract
2tsp of baking powder
top covering the cake:
6tbsp of chocolate powder
1tbsp spoon of sugar
1tbsp spoon of butter
3tbsp spoons of double cream
Handy HintPolenta fine flour can be found in Asda international foods section) The butter or oil will make the cake soft and moist. You have to make sure the chocolate sauce has a good consistency ,similar to the ones you buy in bottles in the supermarket,but less runny... For the baking tray, choose a round tall one.
Method1) Mix the carrots, butter firts and whisk.
2) Add the eggs,vanilla extract,sugar,flour,baking powder and polenta, whisk for 3 minutes.
3) Put on a baking tray (that you prepared previously with butter and flour, (so cake doesn't glue).
4) Put in the oven at 170C gas mark 3 ,for 30 minutes or until you checked with a toothpick if comes clean.
5) While the cake is in the oven, your chocolate sauce,
6) Put the ingredients all together in the small pan and mix with a wooden spoon non-stop until it comes to bubble or till the consistency seems right
7) Leave it to cool at room temperature.
8) When the cake is done and still warm place the sauce on top.