Ingredients1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
1 cup flour (if you use self-raising flour, dont add bicarbonate of soda)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 cups milled flax
2 cups oats (if you can get steel cut, great; if not, rolled is fine)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup brewers yeast
1 tsp salt
Additives I like chocolate chips, raisins, peanut butter, or Nutella!
Handy HintA fab pick-me-up if you're breastfeeding.
Method1. Cream butter with brown and white sugar using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
2. Add eggs and olive oil. Set aside.
3. In large bowl (I use our stock pot), sift flour, flax, brewers yeast, salt, and soda.
4. Add butter mixture. I use my hands to mix it, as a spoon will not hit the crevices of the bowl, and your arms will get tired.
5. Once it is well-mixed, add oatmeal and your favourite additives.
6. You may find that the mixture is a bit dry at this point feel free to add a couple of tablespoons of water at a time till it feels as if it wont crumble the minute you put it on the cookie tray.
7. Roll cookie mixture into small balls and place on tray. I like to put a little thumb print in mine, and then slap a little jam in it before I pop them in the oven. 190C for 12 mins.
8. Let them cool slightly before eating. Should make about 4-5 dozen or so.