Ingredients225g/8oz freshly grated raw potato, squeezed in paper towel
225g/8oz mashed potato
225g/8oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1oz butter, melted
120ml full-fat milk
Handy HintUse a non stick pan
Method1. Mix the grated and mashed potatoes together.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the potato mixture with the melted butter.
3. Add a little milk and stir until you have a dough.
4. Knead on a floured surface gently to bring everything together.
5. Pull the dough into four pieces, flatten each into a cake, score the dough into quarters making sure not to cut it, and cook on an oiled pan over a gentle heat until it is golden brown.
6. Then turn it over and cook it on the other side. Serve on its own, or with a fried egg on top.