200g caster sugar
200g soft brown sugar
250ml vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
375g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
225g grated marrow (skin removed)
Small handful of raisins
Handy HintI serve this with orange icing made from the juice of one orange mixed with icing sugar.
Method1. Whisk eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in sugar, oil and vanilla until blended together.
3. With a wooden spoon, gradually mix in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg a little at a time.
4. Fold in the marrow and raisins.
5. Pour into a 1lb loaf tin or 7 inch cake tin (lined with greasproof paper)
6. Bake in the centre of an oven at 170C for 45-55 minutes until the cake springs up to pressure applied gently in the centre.