Ingredients1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp white pepper
½ tbsp black pepper
½ tbsp chilli powder or Mexican spice mix
½ tbsp mustard powder
2 tbsp pizza powder (this mix consists of oregano, basil, thyme)
2 tbsp ginger
3 tbsp plain flour
24 potatoes (chopped into wedge shapes)
Handy HintAfter 20 minutes in the oven, take the wedges out of the oven and give the tray a shake. This prevents the wedges sticking to the tray (even a non-stick tray can sometimes not prevent the wedges from sticking to the tray). Also, if it's for the young ones, half the amount of the mustard powder and chilli powder/Mexican spice mix. It'll still be tasty and flavoursome, just more accommodating for the kids.
Method1. Thoroughly mix until all dried seasoning, then add 3 tablespoons of plain flour and mix.
2. Cut potatoes (two potatoes to one person, so for 12 people 24 potatoes are required) lengthwise.
3. Coat all sides of the wedges with olive oil then sprinkle the spices over the oiled wedges. Coat non-stick tray (about four trays will be required for this number of wedges) with more olive oil to prevent the wedges from sticking.
4. Place the wedges on the tray. Add a further sprinkling of black pepper over the trays of wedges and place in a preheated oven at a temperature of 200C.
5. Wedges are ready when golden brown - a timed estimate would be 45 minutes to an hour.
6. Serve with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, barbecue sauce or even a home-made ranch sauce - whatever floats your boat!