Ingredients175g plain flour
150g caster sugar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 an egg (beat then just pour in half)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Handy HintIf you don't fancy Smarties, chocolate chips, M&Ms or Malteasers work just as well.
Method1. Cream together the butter and the sugar.
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
4. Stir in half of the smarties.
5. Spoon walnut sized portions of the mix onto baking trays (leave room to expand) and push 2-3 smarties into each dollop.
6. Bake in the oven on 180C for 12-15 minutes until pale golden (if you prefer chewy cookies cook a little less).
7. Leave the cookies for about 2 minutes before removing from the trays to cool.