IngredientsGiblets from turkey, including liver
1 onion (peeled and sliced in half)
1 carrot (sliced in half lengthway)
A few parsley stalks
1 celery stalk, plus leaves
1 bay leaf
6 whole peppercorns
900 ml boiling water
2 tbsp flour
Method1. To make the giblet stock, wash the giblets and put in a saucepan with onion, and cover with water.
2. Bring to simmering point, then remove any scum on the surface with a slotted spoon.
2. Then add the remaining ingredients, half cover and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours.
3. Strain and store in the fridge (it will keep for three days) or in the freezer.
4. On Christmas Day, pour into a large pan and heat gently.
5. Meanwhile, spoon in the fat from the turkey pan (keep this for sautéing potatoes). Then mix the flour into the dark juices over a low hear, whisk in the giblet stock until it is smooth.
6. Let it bubble and reduce a bit, season with salt and pepper and keep warm before serving over your Christmas dinner.