Ingredients1 large courgette
1 large egg
Half an onion, finely grated
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 handful of sweetcorn
A few tbsp plain flour, as needed
2 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Method1. Grate the courgette into a bowl and add the sweetcorn and a pinch of salt.
2. Beat the egg and mix in.
3. Add a small amount of flour at a time, until the mixture becomes a thick batter.
4. If you're not cooking this straight away, the salt will break down the mixture and it will thin, so just add more flour to re-thicken.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop the courgette mixture in, a large spoonful at a time, to make 4-6 fritters (depending on the amount of mixture and the size of your pan).
6. Fry on a medium heat until the underneath is golden brown, then turn and repeat on the other side.
7. Serve hot as a vegetable side dish or light snack.