Ingredientslarge knob of unsalted butter
1 small onion (peeled and chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin powder
300 ml vegetable stock (unsalted)
1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
1 tsp fresh mint
50 g apricots (finely chopped)
lamb (diced or steaks)
couscous (to serve)
Method1. Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until translucent.
2. Stir in the spices and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the stock, fresh herbs and apricots and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Leave to cool and then blend in a processor to form a sauce.
5. Pan fry or grill the lamb
6. Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the packet.
7. Serve the lamb, sauce and couscous together.