Ingredients225g plain flour
300 ml whole milk
2 ripe bananas (sliced)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp butter
Your choice of topping. Try sugar, honey, maple syrup, sultanas or créme fraiche
Handy HintIf it's easier, or if you forget to add the bananas, you can just add them sliced fresh onto the top of the warm pancakes as you are serving.
Method1. Mix flour, milk and egg, salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl with a balloon whisk until smooth.
2. Fold the sliced bananas into the batter.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan and when hot (take care not to burn it), spoon a small ladleful of batter into pan and allow to form into pancake shape - you should be able to fit around 3 in a large frying pan. They should not be big, lumbering things but smaller than a saucer. Make sure you have a couple of slices of banana included with each ladleful.
4. Flip over when small bubbles start to appear through the pancake.
5. Remove very shortly after, once the underside is golden brown.
6. Serve onto warm breakfast plates, and add your favourite topping. Ours is sultanas, and a bit of honey or maple syrup.
7. To make a stack just repeat the above process and store on a heated plate in the oven until you have enough for everyone.
Absolutely divine, and always a huge hit with everyone. Great for weekend or holiday breakfasts when a treat feels in order.