Ingredients2 eggs (beaten)
85g (3oz) caster sugar
240ml (8fl oz) milk
100ml (3½fl oz) vegetable oil
300g (10oz) plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
4 lemons (zested)
*For the topping*
50g (2oz) icing sugar
1 lemon (juice only)
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Mix the eggs, sugar, milk and oil in a large bowl.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and then add the lemon. Roughly mix.
4. Spoon the mixture into the pre-prepared muffin cases.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Make the lemon drizzle topping by mixing together the sugar and lemon juice.
7. Spoon the lemon drizzle mixture over the cooled muffins.