Ingredients90g (3oz) butter or margarine
90g (3oz) light soft brown sugar
90g (3oz) dark soft brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla flavouring
1 medium egg (beaten)
25g (1oz) cocoa powder
155g (5oz) self raising flour
50g (2oz) chocolate chips or chocolate bar (cut into chunks)
50g (2oz) white chocolate bar (cut into chunks)
Handy HintIts important to use both light and dark brown sugars, thats what makes the amazing mmmmmmy gooey texture. Billingtons fairtrade sugar, Divine fairtrade chocolate and Green and Blacks fairtrade cocoa are all available in Tesco. Tesco Finest range also includes a fairtrade white chocolate bar to use for the white chocolate chunks.
Method1. Pre-heat oven to 180C, 160C for fan oven, gas mark 4.
2. Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add the beaten egg gradually.
4. Add the cocoa and flour and mix a bit more.
5. Add the chocolate and mix until just combined.
6. Place spoonfuls of mixture onto a greased baking tray. Teaspoons give small cookies for polite company, dessertspoons make cookies just like the gooey ones you can buy in supermarkets.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on size.
8. Leave to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooking rack.
9. When cool store in an airtight box somewhere the children cant reach. If you can get the cookies hidden before anyone finds them they keep for about a week, otherwise about 20 minutes ..