1 veg stock cube
Garlic (1-2 cloves/large squirt of puree)
A few leaves of fresh basil (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
Method1. Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil/butter (I used a bit of both) until soft.
2. Add roughly chopped mushrooms and sautee with lid on until juices running.
3. Add desired herbs/seasoning.
4. Add chopped broccoli and enough water/stock to fully cover the veg plus a wee bit extra.
5. Turn the heat up and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and let simmer for around 40 minutes- 1 hour.
6. Turn off the heat and liquidise the mixture.
7. Return to the pot and add double cream to taste (just a small amount makes it quite creamy)