Ingredients2-3 large potatoes, depending on appetite
2-3 hake fillets (ditto)
A few glugs of white wine
2 tsp of creme fraiche
2 small onions
2 cloves garlic
Passata or tinned tomatoes
1 red pepper
Method1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Peel the potatoes and slice into discs a little less than 1cm thick.
3. While you boil the potatoes for ten minutes, dice the onions, garlic and peppers and sweat them.
4. Then add the tomatoes and reduce to make the relish. Add salt and pepper and herbs of choice.
5. When potatoes are done (don't need to be super-tender) transfer them to a shallow casserole with lid and add dollops of creme fraiche in between the potatoes. Place hake fillets on top and sprinkle tarragon salt and pepper on top.
6. Glug over the white wine, you could add lemon juice, and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes, no more.
7. Serve with green veg. I used curly kale, boiled for 2-3 minutes then fried in butter with sea salt and black pepper.