Ingredients1/2 butternut squash
1 tbsp coriander seeds
salt and pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
punnet of mushrooms, sliced if big
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
200g risotto rice
1 pt vegetable stock
handful chopped nuts (optional)
2oz grated parmesan (or nice cheddar)
Method1. Preheat oven to gas 5/375F/190C
2. Scoop the seeds out of the butternut squash and put them aside. Chop squash into 1/4 inch chunks.
3. Grind the coriander seeds (I use a rolling pin and a plastic measuring jug) with the salt and pepper, mix in 1 tbsp oil and spread the mixture well over the butternut squash. Put in the oven for about 30 mins.
4. Now have a sit down for 15 mins;)
5. Time to make the risotto: heat 1 tbsp oil and the knob of butter in a pan, add the onion, mushrooms and garlic and cook til soft.
6. Add the risotto rice and fry until it starts to look transparent. Add the stock a ladleful at a time, allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next. Stir well all the time. This should take about 15 mins.
7. Take the butternut squash out of the oven and sprinkle over the seeds you put aside. Sprinkle over nuts, too, if using. Put back in oven for 5 to 10 mins.
8. When squash has cooked, add it to the risotto mix. Add the grated cheese, mix and serve.